主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

【天蝎座10月24日~11月22日】【B型指环】【12生肖·蛇】【帅哥勋章】【守护精灵勋章】【宣传大使勋章】【魅力之王勋章(GG)】【爱心富翁勋章】【热心家人勋章】【活跃家人勋章】【爱上家园勋章】【海洋之心勋章】【积极回应勋章】【美新路·回访之星勋章】【美新路·通信之星勋章】【小有人气勋章】【最佳人气勋章】【爱心大使勋章】【智慧之星勋章】【家园活动勋章】【文思泉涌勋章】【家园基石勋章】【辛勤工作勋章】【家园建设勋章】【优秀志愿伙伴勋章】【优秀版主勋章】【优秀志愿者勋章】【蛇年如意2013】【 版 主 】【 元 勋 】【志愿之星(服务满1年)☆】【志愿之星(服务满2年)★】【志愿之星(服务满3年)★☆】

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-29 03:45:45 | 显示全部楼层

Gratitude 感恩之心

生活是什么?我们苦苦追寻。从平淡中寻找温暖,从失败中寻找成长,从失意中寻找真诚……也许生活就是这个寻寻觅觅的过程。我们在生活里搜寻到了太多的感动。当我们用最真挚的双手把它们怀抱胸前时,才发现:自己是世界上最富有的人。所以,我们真该认认真真地生活。怀着感恩的心来品味所有,才是真正在生活的人。

To be grateful means you are thankful for and appreciative of what you have and where you are on your path right now. Gratitude fills your heart with the joyful feeling and allows you to fully appreciate everything that arises on your path. As you strive to keep your focus on the present moment, you can experience the full wonder of "here."
       感恩是指你感激、珍惜自己当前所拥有的一切以及所处的人生境遇。心存感恩,你的心灵就充满愉悦,你就能真正领会人生路上的种种体验。如果你努力把眼光锁定在此时此刻,你就能感受它的美妙之处。
       There are many ways to cultivate  gratitude. Here are just a few suggestions you may wish to try:
       有许多方法可以培育感恩之心,你不妨试试以下几种:
       1. Imagine what your life would be like if you lost all that you had. This will most surely remind you of how much you do appreciate it.
       1. 设想如果你失去了你现在所拥有的一切,你的生活将会怎么样。它肯定会使你回想起原来你是多么喜欢和珍视这一切。

登录/注册后可看大图

2. Make a list each day of all that you are grateful for, so that you can stay conscious daily of your blessings. Do this especially when you are feeling as though you have nothing to feel grateful for. Or spend a few minutes before you go to sleep giving thanks for all that you have.
       2. 每天都列出那些值得你感激的事物,那样你就能时时刻刻意识到自己的幸运。每天都要这么做,尤其是当你觉得好像没有什么可感激的时候。另外你也可以每天临睡前花几分钟感恩自己所拥有的一切。
       3. Spend time offering assistance to those who are less fortunate than you, so that you may gain perspective.
       3. 花时间帮助那些没有你那么幸运的人,这样你也许会对生活有正确的认识。
       However you choose to learn gratitude is irrelevant. What really matters is that you create a space in your consciousness for appreciation for all that you have right now, so that you may live more joyously in your present moment.
       其实,你选择何种方法去学会感恩,这无关紧要,真正重要的是你应该有意识地努力去欣赏和珍视你现在所拥有的一切,这样你就可以更快乐地享受你目前的生活!
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

家人有问题?看这里】   【版主有问题?看这里】  【来领勋章:)】 【聊聊啊!

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

【天蝎座10月24日~11月22日】【B型指环】【12生肖·蛇】【帅哥勋章】【守护精灵勋章】【宣传大使勋章】【魅力之王勋章(GG)】【爱心富翁勋章】【热心家人勋章】【活跃家人勋章】【爱上家园勋章】【海洋之心勋章】【积极回应勋章】【美新路·回访之星勋章】【美新路·通信之星勋章】【小有人气勋章】【最佳人气勋章】【爱心大使勋章】【智慧之星勋章】【家园活动勋章】【文思泉涌勋章】【家园基石勋章】【辛勤工作勋章】【家园建设勋章】【优秀志愿伙伴勋章】【优秀版主勋章】【优秀志愿者勋章】【蛇年如意2013】【 版 主 】【 元 勋 】【志愿之星(服务满1年)☆】【志愿之星(服务满2年)★】【志愿之星(服务满3年)★☆】

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-29 03:46:40 | 显示全部楼层
“人总是在遭遇一次重创之后,才会幡然醒悟,重新认识自己的坚强和坚忍。所以,无论你正在遭遇什么磨难,都不要一味抱怨上苍不公*平,甚至从此一蹶不振。人生没有过不去的坎,只有过不去的人。”如果这就是命运,我们可以做的就是勇敢面对!

Our tolerating ability is indeed way beyond our imagination. But not until the very critical moment will we realize our potential tolerating ability.

人的承受能力,其实远远超出我们的想象。但是不到关键时刻,我们很少能够意识自己的潜力。

There was a woman in the countryside who got married at the age of 18 and had to escape with her two daughters and a son wherever she could at the age of 26 due to the Japanese army’s invasion. Many people in the village at that time could not bear the suffering of being a fugitive and wanted to commit suicide. After she knew about it, she would come to those people and soothed them by saying, "Don't do that silly thing. There are no such setbacks that we could not overcome. The Japanese armies are bound to be foiled one day!"

有一位农村妇女,18岁结婚,26岁时日本人侵略中国,在农村进行大扫荡,她不得不经常带着两个女儿一个儿子东躲西藏。村里很多人受不了这种暗无天日的折磨,想到了自尽,她得知后就会去劝:“别这样啊,没有过不去的坎,日本鬼子不会总这么猖狂的。”

Finally she insisted until the day when all the Japanese armies were kicked out of China. Nonetheless, her son died of disease without sufficient medicine and nutrition in those days of hardships. Her husband, after knowing the death of his son, lay in bed for two days without eating and drinking anything. She teared to her husband and said, “We have a tough destiny, but however tough our lives will be, we should also persist. Though our son has passed away, we can have another. There are no such setbacks that we could not overcome.”

她终于熬到了把鬼子赶出中国的那一天,可是她的儿子却在那炮火连天的岁月里,由于缺医少药,又极度缺乏营养,因病夭折了。丈夫不吃不喝在床上躺了两天两夜,她流着泪对丈夫说:“咱们的命苦啊,不过再苦咱也得过啊,儿子没了,咱再生一个,人生没有过不去的坎。”

After giving birth to the second son, her husband died of edema, which almost blew her away. But eventually, she recovered and cuddled the three young children, saying, “My sweet hearts, don’t feel scared. You still have me, your dear mum!”

刚刚生了儿子,丈夫因患水肿病离开了人世。在这个打击下,她很长时间都没回过神来,但最后还是挺过来了,她把三个未成年的孩子揽到自己怀里,说:“娘还在呢,有娘在,你们就别怕。”

It took her painstaking efforts to raise her children up and the life of her family was getting better and better. Two daughters were married and so was his son finally. She said to everyone she met, “Look! What I said is absolutely right. There are no such setbacks that we could not overcome! My life is so happy now!” She was aging gradually and could not do the farm work any more. So she stayed at home and did some stitching work.

她含辛茹苦地把孩子一个个拉扯大了,生活也慢慢好转起来。两个女儿嫁了人,儿子也结了婚。她逢人便乐呵呵地说:“我说吧,没有过不去的坎,现在生活多好啊。”她年纪大了,不能下地干活,就在家纳鞋底,做衣服,缝缝补补。

Nevertheless, the Heaven seemed to show no affection to her who had undergone a rough life. She got her leg broken accidentally when she was nursing her grandson. Due to her old age that posed a great risk to her operation, she did not receive operation and had to lie in bed all day long. Her children all cried heavily, while she merely said, “Why do you cry? I am still living.”

可是,上苍似乎并不眷顾这位一生坎坷的妇女,她在照看孙子时不小心摔断了腿,由于年纪太大做手术危险,就一直没有做手术,她每天只能躺在床上。儿女们都哭了,她却说:“哭什么,我还活着呢。”

Even though she could not rise from bed, she did not complain about anything and anybody. Instead, she sat on the bed and did some stitching work. She had learnt scarves-weaving, broidery, crafts-making, etc. All her neighbors spoke highly of her skills and came to learn from her.

即便下不了床,她也没有怨天尤人,而是坐在床上做针线活。她会织围巾,会绣花,会编手工艺品,左邻右舍的人都夸她手艺好,还来跟她学艺。

She lived until 86. Before she went to Heaven, she said to her children, "You all should live to your best. There are no such setbacks that we could not overcome!"

她活到86岁,临终前,她对自己儿女们说:“都要好好过啊,没有过不去的坎。”

We will only get to realize our own iron will and strong tolerating ability after getting stricken heavily. Therefore, no matter what you are suffering from now, do not merely complain about the unfairness of our destiny and maintain low-spirited all the time. There are no such setbacks that we could not  overcome. Only those who have no confidence and courage to overcome setbacks will be defeated at last!

人总是在遭遇一次重创之后,才会幡然醒悟,重新认识自己的坚强和坚忍。所以,无论你正在遭遇什么磨难,都不要一味抱怨上苍不公*平,甚至从此一蹶不振。人生没有过不去的坎,只有过不去的人。

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-29 03:49:17 | 显示全部楼层

“只要你幸福就好”-----相信这绝对是天下所有父母对儿女的内心写照!父母也许并不在乎儿女能挣到多少钱、达到多高的成就,因为在他们眼里,只要儿女过的幸福,他们就很幸福!

We tried so hard to make things better for our kids that we made them worse.
我们竭尽全力想让我们的儿女们过得更好,而结果却是适得其反。
For my grandchildren, I d know better.
对我的孙辈们,我就明智得多了。
I'd really like for them to know about hand-me-down clothes and home-made ice cream and leftover meatloaf.
我真的希望他们能够了解什么是兄长传下来的旧衣服,家制的冰淇淋,以及吃剩的肉糕。
I really would.
我真的希望。
My cherished grandson,
我的宝贝孙子,
I hope you learn humility by surviving failure and that you learn to be honest even when no one is looking.
我希望你在经受失败的考验之后能学会谦卑,也希望你能学会诚实,即使在没有人注视你的时候。
I hope you learn to make your bed ,
我希望你能学会自己叠被子,
and mow the lawn and wash the car-and I hope nobody gives you a brand-new car when you are sixteen.
自己刈草坪,自己洗车--我还希望在你满十六岁时没有人送给你一辆崭新的轿车。

It will be good if at least one time you can see a baby calf born,
假如你至少有一次机会看见小牛犊出生,
and you have a good friend to be with you if you ever have to put your old dog to sleep.
假如你不得不为你的老狗送终,那时有一位好朋友在场为你作伴--那样该有多好啊!
I hope you get a black eye fighting for something you believe in.
我希望你能为自己的所信仰与人斗得眼青脸肿。
I hope you have to share a bedroom with your younger brother.
我希望你能和你弟弟共一间卧室。
And it is all right to draw a line down the middle of the room,
即使你在卧室中间划一条分界线也没关系。

but when he wants to crawl under the covers with you because he s scared, I hope you ll let him.
可是,当弟弟因为害怕而要爬进你的被窝时,我希望你会接纳他。
And when you want to see a Disney movie and your kid brother wants to tag along,I hope you take him.
当你要出去看迪斯尼电影,你的小弟弟想做你的小尾巴时,我希望你能带上他。
I hope you have to walk uphill with your friends and that you live in a town where you can do it safely.
我希望你能和朋友们一起爬山,而在你所生活的城市里做这项运动不会有什么危险。
If you want a slingshot, I hope your father teaches you how to make one instead of buying one.
如果你想要一把弹弓,我希望你父亲能教你怎样自己做一把,而不是为你买一把现成的。
I hope you learn to dig in the dirt and read books, and when you learn to use computers,
我还希望你能学会挖泥巴和读书;而当你学会使用电脑时,
you also learn how to add and subtract in your head.
你也应该学会加减法的心算。

I hope you get razzed by friends when you have your first crush on a girl,
当你第一次恋上一个女孩时,我希望你会受到朋友们的嘲弄;
and that when you talk back to your mother you learn what Ivory soap tastes like.
而当你跟你母亲顶嘴时,希望她叫你尝一尝象牙肥皂的滋味。
May you skin your knee climbing a mountain, burn your hand on the stove and stick your tongue on a frozen flagpole.
但愿你能在爬山时弄破膝盖上的皮,或者在炉子上烧伤手,或者让舌头粘在结冰的旗杆上。
I hope you get sick when someone blows smoke in your face.
我希望吸烟者对着你的脸上喷吐烟雾时,你会感到恶心。
I don t care if you try beer once, but I hope you won t like it.
如果你尝试喝一次啤酒,我不会在意;但是我希望你不会喜欢上它。
And if a friend offers you a joint or any drugs, I hope you are smart enough to realize that person is not your friend.
如果有一位朋友请你吸一口含大麻的香烟,或者任何毒品,我希望你明智地意识到他不是你的朋友。

I sure hope you make time to sit on a porch with your grandpa or go fishing with your uncle.
我当然希望你能抽时间来陪你爷爷在门廊上坐一坐,或者陪你叔叔钓钓鱼。
I hope your mother punishes you when you throw a baseball through a neighbor s window,
如果你把捧球扔进了邻居的窗户,我希望你母亲惩罚你。
and that she hugs you and kisses you when you give her a plaster of pared mold of your hand.
如果你能剪掉指甲,用石膏做一只自己的手的模型送给你妈,我希望她会给你拥抱和亲吻。
These things I wish for you-tough times and disappointment, hard work and happiness.
我希望你能经历:艰难的岁月,挫折和失望;希望你努力工作,幸福快乐!

随着我们的不断成长,父母也在渐渐老去!不知不觉,他们的脸上多了皱纹,头发也花白了不少...  每每看到他们沧桑的背影,心就一下子揪了起来...他们为我们操劳了一辈子,付出了所有青春,我们真的应该要做个孝顺懂事的好孩子!
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-30 23:58:03 | 显示全部楼层
请不要害怕孤独,孤独是成功者必备的要素之一,毕竟成功者是少数的;请不要在意别人的眼光,坚持自己的理想,只要是对的,那么请勇敢的选择自己要走的路。前路或许曲折,但不要气馁,相信自己,相信自己的选择。实现梦想的路总有一天会变笔直。

成长的孤独

We’re like the cream. When the cream rises to the top, it separates itself from the milk.  Perhaps that is what the New Age Movement is really all about. We find ourselves lonely at the top.  Yes, it is.
我们就像奶油。当奶油浮到顶部的时候,它会和牛奶分离。也许这种现象正像是新世纪运动的写照。我们发现自己飞得越高,就会越感孤独。是的,这就是现实。

It is no different with political enlightenment, spiritual enlightenment, or even becoming enlightened about relating to each other.  The more mentally healthy you become, the more spiritual, the more balanced, the wealthier, the more global you become… the more alone you may feel.
不论是政治或精神修养的造诣有多深,或者甚至是与他人之间有一种默契的关系,就孤独这一点而言,是没有区别的。你越是拥有健康有理智,精神修养的造诣越深,生活越平衡,越富有,或你的名气传播得越广,你也会感觉越孤独。
Often, we find ourselves unable to find those other rare individuals who are choosing the same path as ours.  The path of sloppy and lazy is full of other people to meet and talk to.  The path of whiners is full.  The path of being safe, generic, and boring is so crowded you almost cannot even move forward. Isn’t that why you left that path?  You had a need to move forward, a need for some elbowroom, a need to spread your arms wide, a need to be seen as special, unique, different.  The masses may admire you, but they are not going to be able to really relate to you.  You will be alone much of the time.

经常,我们很难找到那些选择我们和我们同路的人们。那条潮湿,慵懒的道路挤满了可以相遇并聊天的人。那条满是牢骚者的道路上也拥挤不堪。那条所谓安全,普通以及枯燥的道路是如此拥挤以至于你无法向前挪步。难道这不正是你离开那条道路的原因吗?你需要
向前挪步,需要活动的空间,需要展开你的双臂,需要被认知为特别,有个性,与众不同。万千大众仰慕你,但他们却不可能真正地融入你。大部分的时间里,你将是孤独的。

Do not be afraid of the loneliness of enlightenment.  Do not force others to agree with you.  Simply give your heart and know that you are growing and that they are free to grow or not.  It is the nature of the game.  We are all free to choose our paths.
不要害怕因造诣深而产生的孤独感。不必要勉强别人赞识你。做你自己,坚定着你自己的成长,别人是否愿意成长就由他们自己去决定吧。这就是自然界的规则。我们都有选择自己道路的自由。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-9 16:42:11 | 显示全部楼层
你还记得你纯纯的初恋吗?

Yes this may be surprising, I was only 13 years old that time. But, don't know how or why it happened to me so early. I fell deeply in love with a guy, who I used to think was annoying 2 months ago.
    这可能会令人吃惊,因为那时我才13岁。但是,我也不知道怎么那么早就降临到我身上了。我深深地喜欢上了一个男孩,可就在那两个月前我还认为他是个令人讨厌的家伙呢。

It was 1997, in Chittagong, Bang- ladesh, I and my family have just moved to a new apartment in a new area. So, after few weeks have passed, I started going back to school, since it was during Ramadan we moved. Well, I made some new friends in the neighborhood. This girl who was always hanging out with, her name was Ivy.
    1997年在孟加拉国的吉大港,我和家人刚搬到一个新地方,住进新公寓。由于我们是在斋月搬的家,因此过了几个星期,我才开始回到学校上学。我在街坊里交了一些新朋友,总和我一起去玩的那个女孩叫艾维。

One day when I was going to school, I bumped into Ivy on the way out of my building, and she was standing next to this guy, he lived in the building right beside mine. He said “Hi” to me, and we just asked each other “how are you” and blah blah, then I had to leave. But I noticed that guy was looking at me. It was a different kind of look, look with love in his eyes. Few days later, I noticed whenever I go to school and come back from school, he is standing in his balcony, and smiling at me. If he is not around, and one of his friends see me, they start to yell out his name. Oh yeah, by the way, his name was Mamun.
    有一天,我正要去上学,刚出家门就碰到了艾维。她站在那个男孩旁边,他就住在我们隔壁那栋楼房里。他跟我打了声招呼,之后我们也只是问对方“你好吗”之类的话,然后我就离开了。但我注意到那个家伙在看我,而且是一种别样的眼神,眼里充满爱意。几天后,我发现我每次上学放学的时候,他都会站在阳台上朝我微笑。如果他的朋友看到我,而他又不在旁边,他们就会对我喊他的名字。哦!对了,他叫马蒙。

So, I was very annoyed by those things. And I even told Ivy to tell Mamun to stop these foolishness. After my exams were over, I had a break. So I used to go to the roof and read books to spend my time. Mamun used to come to their roof also and both roofs where so close to each other that you can just jump from one to another.
    因此,我对于这些事情也十分恼火。我甚至让艾维转告马蒙停止这些愚蠢的行为。考试结束后我有个短暂的假期,经常会去屋顶看书打发时间。马蒙也经常去他们的屋顶,两个屋顶之间是如此接近,甚至一跳就可以跳到另一个屋顶。

Once I was reading a book, and I noticed Mamun come to their roof and he looked at me, and smiled. OH MY GOD! I don't know what happened to me. That sweet smile just took me away. I smiled back at him, for the first time. I could never forget that moment. We used to smile at each other whenever we saw each other, but never had a chat. I was sure that he liked me a lot, because, anytime he would see me on the roof from his balcony, he came up to the roof right away. I fell in love with him very deeply. I was surprised that I did. The feelings I had was so beautiful and made me so happy.
    有一次,我正在看书,发现马蒙也来到他们的屋顶看着我笑,哦,天哪,真不知道我怎么了,他甜美的笑容竟然把我迷住了,我不禁也对他笑了,那是第一次对他笑,我永远忘不了那个时刻。以后每次看见对方都互相笑一下,但从来没说过话。我敢肯定他非常喜欢我,因为无论何时他从阳台上看到我在屋顶上,他也马上跑上屋顶。我自己也很惊奇,我竟然深深地喜欢上了他。这种感觉非常美妙,我也很开心。

Mamun did come to my roof one day to talk to me but I wanted him to go away. I didn't want any one to see us talking. As you know, in Bangladesh rumors go around so fast. When we talked, I saw deep love in his eyes. I always smiled at him; I didn't talk to him much. Still, life was going on so wonderfully. Mamun never told me he loved me. I thought that was because, I was 5/6 years younger than him.
    一天,马蒙来到我家屋顶上跟我说话,但我想让他离开。我不想其他人看见我们说话。你也知道,在孟加拉国流言蜚语传播很快。我们谈话时,我从他眼神里看出他对我的爱恋。我并没有和他说太多话,总是对他微笑。生活照样如此精彩地过着,然而马蒙从来没有告诉过我他喜欢我。我想这可能是因为我比他小五六岁的原因吧。

Very soon, I found out that me and my family are leaving Bang- ladesh and coming to Canada. I was devas- tated. I cried all night but there was nothing to do. When Mamun found out, he asked me on the roof, if it was true. When I said yes, he asked how long will I be in Canada. The answer was maybe forever, we were going to settle in Canada. He looked depressed, all he said was “Oh”, then I told him out flight date.
    很快地,我发现我们家就要离开孟加拉国去加拿大了,我彻底绝望了,我哭了整个晚上,可这也无济于事。马蒙知道后,在屋顶上问我那到底是不是真的。我说是的,他问我在加拿大会待多久,我说可能是永远,我们要在加拿大定居。他看起来很沮丧,只说了声“哦”,之后我告诉了他航班的日期。

The next month, it was Ramadan again. Mamun came to say good bye to me on the roof, he was leaving to spend his Eid with his family. That day, I was so sad, I felt like I lost something very important in my life. We said goodbye to each other, he said he thinks I am such a sweet girl, he hopes I have a great life in Canada. Oh my god, I couldn't hold myself, I think my eyes became watery. I didn't want him to see that I was crying. I said “you too” and tried to smile and left the roof right away.
    下个月又到九月斋月了,马蒙来到屋顶上与我道别,他要去和他的家人过开斋节。那天我心里特别难过,我感到我失去了生命里非常重要的东西。我们互相道别后,他说他认为我是一个很讨人喜欢的女孩,并祝愿我在加拿大生活愉快。哦,天哪!我几乎无法克制自己,我想我的眼睛肯定水汪汪的,我不想让他看到我哭了。说完“你也是”,就努力笑了笑,马上离开了屋顶。

That was the last day I ever saw my first love. Now 4 years later, here I am in CANADA. I have guy in my life now, whom I am deeply love with after Mamun. I never lose him.
    那是我最后一天见到我的初恋。现在我已经在加拿大生活四年多了,我的生活中也有了男朋友,他是在马蒙之后我深爱的一个人,我绝不会失去他。

I am over Mamun now. Everytime I remember those days, looking at each other on the roof, talking, I feel really down. I wonder where he is now, if we will even meet again I can never forget my first love.
    现在,我和马蒙的事已经过去了。每次我回忆起那些日子里,我们在屋顶上互相望着彼此聊天,我还是真的感觉很难受。我不知他现在在哪儿,我们能否再见到彼此……但我永远忘不了我的初恋。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-9 16:42:30 | 显示全部楼层
Why We Fall Out of Love?
为什么我们不爱了?

为什么我们会不爱了?或许是我们还不够成熟,不知道要怎样和爱的人相处,不知道自己究竟想要什么... 又或许这个我们自以为很爱的人根本就只是一个“爱情”名词的傀儡。

Very often, we find that two people who come together out of love grow apart as the years go by. Why does this happen?
      我们身边经常会看到这样的一对:他们因为爱情走到了一起,却在多年后分开了。为什么会发生这样的事儿?

Let's say you planted a coconut tree and a mango tree in your garden when they were young saplings, and they were the same height. You thought they would get along pretty well, a great love affair! And if both of them remained stunted and never grew, they would remain compatible. But if both of them grow to their full potential, they will grow to different heights, shapes and possibilities.
      我来打个比方吧:你在花园里种了一棵椰子树和芒果树树苗,它们栽下去的时候高度相同。你以为它们会相处得很好,多好的一对啊。的确,如果它们都发育不良长不大,它们彼此会相处得很好。可是要是他们发挥着充分的潜能生长着,那它们会长成不同的高度和形状,就会有许许多多的可能。

If you are looking for sameness between two people, the relationship will always fall apart. After all, a man and a woman come together because they are different. So it is the differences that brought you together, and the differences may become starker and more manifest as one grows. Unless you learn to enjoy the differences as you grow, falling apart or growing apart will naturally happen. If you are expecting both people to grow in the same direction and in the same way, that is unfair to both people. It will curtail and suffocate both of their lives. Whether you fall apart in years, in months or in days simply depends on how fast you are growing.
      如果你总是想找到两个人间的共同之处,那这段关系多半会要无疾而终的。男人和女人走到一起正是因为彼此间的不同。是这些差异让彼此吸引走到一起,而这些差异随着每个人的成长也会越发突出和明显。如果你做不到享受彼此在成长的过程中越来越大的差异,那么你们就很自然会出现隔阂,甚至分手。如果你期望两个人都能朝着同一个方向用同样的方式成长,这对两个人都是不公*平的,这也会压抑和剥夺彼此的生活乐趣。所以分开只是时间问题,你们的爱情是有几年、几个月还是几天的生命,只是取决于你们成长的速度有多快。

This whole expectation that the person who partners with you should be just like you is a sure way to destroy a relationship. It is a sure way to destroy the garden. Allow, nurture and enjoy the differences between you and your partner. Otherwise, the situation will be maintained in such a way where one person is compulsively dependent upon the other, or both people are compulsively dependent upon each other.
      期待自己的伴侣和自己一样,你肯定会毁掉一段感情,就像期待椰子树和芒果树一样长大会毁了你的花园一样。默许你们间的不同,培养并享受这种差异性。否则你们的关系就会保持这样一种状态:其中一方被迫依赖另一方,或者双方都被迫依赖彼此。

We need to understand that relationships happen because of certain needs -- physical, emotional and psychological needs. Whatever the nature of the relationship, the fundamental aspect is you have a need to be fulfilled. We may claim many things for why we have formed a relationship, but if those needs and expectations are not fulfilled, relationships will go bad.
      我们需要明白,一段感情是因为某些需求才会产生:生理需求,情感需求或者心理需求。不论感情的本质是什么,一段感情最基础的部分是你要有想要满足的需求。我们可能会对一段感情要求很多东西,可是当这些需求和期望无法实现的时候,感情就会变质。

And as people grow and mature, these needs change. When these needs change, what looked like everything between two people will not feel the same after some time. But we do not have to base a relationship on these same needs forever and feel that the relationship is over. We can always make the relationship mature into something else.
      随着人们长大成熟,他们的需求也会发生变化。而当这些变化发生时,两个人之间所有的一切似乎都跟以前不同了。我们不要觉得那些永恒不变的需求才是一段感情的基础,当需求变化了就觉得感情也结束了。我们的关系其实也可以更成熟。

Whatever the needs that brought people together need not be the fundamentals of a relationship forever. The very fundamentals of a relationship have to change as time passes, and as one ages and matures in many different ways. If that change is not made, growing apart or falling apart is definitely a certainty.
      虽然是各种需求让两个人走到一起,但是想要关系稳定长久,这些需求并不是根本。感情的根本也会随着时间的改变以及彼此年纪增长和各方面变得成熟而发生变化。如果没有发生变化,那么隔阂和分开会是你们感情的必然结局。

时间是无情的,不是所有抱着“想和你白头到老”的人最终都可以和那个ta相守一生!也不是所有的爱都要将两个人在空间上粘连在一起!永远要记住,爱是适应,而不是要求;是给予,而不是索取!
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-9 16:43:00 | 显示全部楼层
The cheerful girl with bouncy golden curls was almost five. Waiting with her mother at the checkout stand, she saw them: a circle of glistening white pearls in a pink foil box. "Oh please, Mommy. Can I have them”? Please, mommy, please!"
这个兴高采烈的女孩差不多五岁了,留着一头富有弹性的金黄卷发。她正和妈妈在收银台旁排队等候交钱,忽然,她看见一串闪闪发光的白珍珠,装在一个粉红色的金属盒里。“噢,妈咪,能给我买那个吗?妈咪,求你了!”

Quickly the mother checked the back of the little foil box and then looked back into the pleading blue eyes of her little girl's upturned face. "A dollar ninety-five. That’s almost $2.00. If you really want them, I'll think of some extra chores for you and in no time you can save enough money to buy them for yourself. Your birthday’s only a week away and you might get another crisp dollar bill from Grandma."
她的妈妈迅速看了看那个小金属盒的背后,然后回过头望着女儿仰起的脸孔里那双充满恳求的蓝眼睛。“1.95美元。几乎要2美元。如果你真想要,我会给你多一些家务做。很快你就能存够钱给自己买了。再过一个星期就是你的生日,奶奶也许会给你一张崭新的一美元钞票。”
As soon as Jenny got home, she emptied her penny bank and counted out 17 pennies. After dinner, she did more than her share of chores and she went to the neighbor and asked Mrs. McJames if she could pick dandelions for ten cents. On her birthday, Grandma did give her another new dollar bill and at last she had enough money to buy the necklace.
詹妮一回到家就把储钱罐里的钱全倒了出来,数了数,一共17美分。饭后,她做家务比往常更勤快了。她还跑到邻居家问麦克詹姆斯太太,愿不愿意花10美分让她帮忙采蒲公英。她生日那天,奶奶真的给了她一张崭新的一美元纸币。最后,她终于存够了钱买那串项链。
Jenny loved her pearls. They made her feel dressed up and grown up. She wore them everywhere—Kindergarten, Sunday school, even to bed. The only time she took them off was when she went swimming or had a bubble bath. Mother said if they got wet, they might turn her neck green.
詹妮很喜爱这一串珍珠项链。戴上它,她便感到自己打扮得很漂亮,感到自己很成熟。她走到哪儿都戴着它——上幼儿园,星期天上主日学校,甚至是在睡觉的时候,只有游泳或洗泡泡浴时才取下。妈妈说,如果那些珍珠湿了水,就可能染绿她的脖子。
Jenny had a very loving daddy and every night when she was ready for bed, he would stop whatever he was doing and come upstairs to read her a story. One night when he finished the story, he asked Jenny, "Do you love me"
詹妮有一个慈爱的爸爸。每晚她临睡前,爸爸总会停下手头上的工作,上楼来给她读一个故事。有一天晚上,当爸爸讲完了故事,他问詹妮:“你爱爸爸吗?”
"Oh yes, Daddy. You know that I love you."
“嗯,爸爸,你知道我爱你。”
"Then give me your pearls."
“那把你的那条珍珠项链送给爸爸吧。”
"Oh, Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have Princess—the white horse from my collection. The one with the pink tail. Remember, Daddy? The one you gave me. She's my favorite."
“噢,爸爸,不要是珍珠项链嘛。我给你我百宝箱里的公主——那匹长着粉红色尾巴的白马。爸爸你记起了吗?那是你送给我的。她是我最喜欢的宝贝。”
"That's okay, Honey. Daddy loves you. Good night." And he brushed her cheek with a kiss.
“好吧,甜心。爸爸爱你。晚安。”他轻吻了一下女儿的脸颊。

About a week later, after the story time, Jenny's daddy asked again, "Do you love me"
过了一个星期,读完故事,詹妮的爸爸又问:“你爱爸爸吗?”
"Daddy, you know I love you."
“爸爸,你知道我爱你。”
"Then give me your pearls."
“那把你的那条珍珠项链送给爸爸吧。”
"Oh Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have my baby doll. The brand new one I got for my birthday. She is so beautiful and you can have the yellow blanket that matches her sleeper."
“噢,爸爸,不要是珍珠项链嘛。我给你我的娃娃,我生日收到的那个新的。她很漂亮,你还可以要那条和她睡衣颜色很相衬的黄色毛毯。”
"That's okay. Sleep well, little one. Daddy loves you." And as always, he brushed her cheek with a gentle kiss.
“好吧。宝贝,睡个好觉。爸爸爱你。”像往常一样,他轻吻了一下女儿的脸颊。
A few nights later when her daddy came in, Jenny was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed Indian-style. As he came close, he noticed her chin was trembling and one silent tear rolled down her cheek.
过了几夜,爸爸走进詹妮的房间,她正盘腿坐在床上。爸爸走近时发现,詹妮的下巴颤抖着,一颗泪珠无声地滑落她的脸颊。
"What is it, Jenny? What's the matter?"
“怎么了,詹妮?发生什么事了?”
Jenny didn't say anything but lifted her little hand up to her daddy. And when she opened it, there was her little pearl necklace. With a little quiver, she finally said, "Here, Daddy. It's for you."
詹妮没有答话,只把小手举到爸爸面前。她摊开手掌,露出她那串小小的珍珠项链。她微微颤抖了一下,最终说道:“爸爸,这是送给你的。”
With tears gathering in his own eyes, Jenny's kind daddy reached out with one hand to take the dime-store necklace, and with the other hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet case with a strand of genuine pearls and gave them to Jenny. He had had them all the time. He was just waiting for her to give up the dime-store stuff so he could give her genuine treasure.
爸的眼里满是泪水,慈爱的他伸出一只手,拿起珍妮手里那串在廉价商店里买的项链,另一只手则伸进自己的口袋里,拿出一个用天鹅绒包裹着的蓝色盒子,里面装着一串用天然珍珠串成的项链递给詹妮。他一直带着这串项链。他只是等待女儿放弃那串廉价的珍珠项链,好送给她这份天然的珍品。
在成长的过程中,那些相继出现而后又相继远去的人对于自己曾是那么的重要。唯有在“昨天”,把我最珍爱的东西送给他们,“今天”的我才能在记忆里永远占有过去的他们和它们。这是一种美好的分享和占有。真心地付出吧,付出的同时,你也在获得。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-9 16:43:43 | 显示全部楼层

Run Through the Rain  雨中奔跑

She had been shopping with her Mom in Wal-Mart. She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful brown haired, freckle-faced image of innocence. It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the Earth,it has no time to flow down the spout.
她和妈妈刚在沃尔玛结束购物。这个天真的小女孩应该6岁大了,头发是美丽的棕色,脸上有雀斑。外面下着倾盆大雨。雨水溢满了檐槽,来不及排走,就迫不及待地涌涨上地面。

We all stood there under the awning and just inside the door of the Wal-Mart. We all waited, some patiently, others irritated, because nature messed up their hurried day. I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I get lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world. Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child come pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.
我们都站在沃尔玛门口的遮篷下。大家都在等待,有人很耐心,有人很烦躁,因为老天在给他们本已忙碌的一天添乱。雨天总引起我的遐思。我出神地听着、看着老天冲刷洗涤这世界的污垢和尘埃,孩时无忧无虑地在雨中奔跑玩水的记忆汹涌而至,暂时缓解了我一天的焦虑。

Her voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in,"Mom, let's run through the rain." she said.

小女孩甜美的声音打破了这令人昏昏欲睡的气氛,“妈妈,我们在雨里跑吧。”她说。

"What?" Mom asked.
“什么?”母亲问。

"Let's run through the rain!" She repeated.
“我们在雨里跑吧,”她重复。

"No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit." Mom replied.  
“不,亲爱的,我们等雨小一点再走。”母亲回答说。

This young child waited about another minute and repeated: "Mom, let's run through the rain."
过了一会小女孩又说:“妈妈,我们跑出去吧。”

"We'll get soaked if we do." Mom said.  “这样的话我们会湿透的。”母亲说。

"No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning," the young girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm."

“不会的,妈妈。你今天早上不是这样说的。”小女孩一边说一边拉着母亲的手。

"This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?"

“今天早上?我什么时候说过我们淋雨不会湿啊?”

"Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, If God can get us through this, he can get us through anything!"

“你不记得了吗?你和爸爸谈他的癌症时,你不是说‘如果上帝让我们闯过这一关,那我们就没有什么过不去。’”

The entire crowd stopped dead silent. I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently. No one came or left in the next few minutes.Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say.

人群一片寂静。我发誓,除了雨声,你什么都听不到。我们都静静地站着。接下来的几分钟没有一个人走动。母亲停了一下,想着应该说些什么。
Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's life. Time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith. "Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If get wet, well maybe we just needed washing." Mom said. Then off they ran.
有人也许会对此一笑了之,或者责备这孩子的不懂事,有人甚至不把她的话放在心上。但这却是一个小孩子一生中需要被肯定的时候。若受到鼓舞,此时孩子单纯的信任就会发展成为坚定的信念。“亲爱的,你说得对,我们跑过去吧。如果淋湿了,那也许是因为我们的确需要冲洗一下了。”母亲说。然后她们就冲出去了。
We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and. They held their shopping bags over their heads just in case. They got soaked.But they were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars. And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing. Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away your precious memories. So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories every day!

我们站在那里,笑着看她们飞快地跑过停着的汽车。她们把购物袋高举过头想挡挡雨,但还是湿透了。好几个人像孩子般尖叫着,大笑着,也跟着冲了出去,奔向自己的车子。当然,我也这样做了,跑了出去,淋湿了。我也需要接受洗礼。环境或其他人可以夺去你的物质财富,抢走你的金钱,带走你的健康,但没有人可以带走你珍贵的回忆。因此,记得要抓紧时间,抓住机会每天都给自己留下一些回忆吧!

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. I hope you still take the time to run through the rain.

世间万物皆有自己的季节,做任何事情也有一个恰当的时机。希望你有机会在雨中狂奔一回。

年轻的时候,我们经常在雨中嬉戏,奔跑,那时候我们什么都不怕,因为年轻,我们可以勇敢的拥抱一切;长大了,我们学会了避雨,懂得了理智,却也在不经意间错失了许多。有的时候,人生就需要那么一点年轻的冲劲,才能一直保持生命的斗志。 也需要那么一点单纯洒脱,那样才会无所畏惧。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-9 16:44:02 | 显示全部楼层

Surmounting Life's Obstacles -Do You Cling to What You Were Before?

跨越生命中的障碍,您还坚持原来的样子吗?

A little stream flowed down from a high mountain far, far away through many villages and forests, until it reached a desert. The stream then thought, "I've been through countless obstacles. I should have no problem crossing this desert!" But when she decided to start her journey, she found herself gradually disappearing into the mud and sand. After numerous tries, she found it was all in vain and was very upset. "Maybe it's my destiny! I'm not destined to reach the vast ocean in the legend," she murmureddejectedly to herself.
有一条小河流从遥远的高山上流下来,经过了许多的村庄与森林,最后它来到一处沙漠。它想:"我已经越过了重重障碍,这次应该也可以越过这个沙漠吧!"当它决定越过沙漠时,却发现自己的河水渐渐消失在泥沙中,它试了一次又一次,总是徒劳无功,最后它灰心了。"也许这就是我的命运吧!我注定永远也到不了传说中那个浩瀚大海。"它颓丧地自言自语。
At this time, a deep voice came, saying, "If a breeze can cross the desert, so can a river."
此时,四周响起了一阵低沉的声音:"如果微风可以跨越沙漠,那么河流也可以。"
It was the voice of the desert. Unconvinced, the little stream replied, "That's because a breeze can fly, but I cannot."
原来这是沙漠发出的声音。小河流很不服气地回答说:"那是因为微风可以飞过沙漠,然而,我根本飞不起来啊!"
"That's because you stick to what you are. If you're willing to give it up, and let yourself evaporate into the breeze, it can take you across, and you can reach your destination," said the desert in its deep voice.
"因为你坚持自己原来的样子,所以你永远无法跨越这个沙漠。只要你愿意放弃现在的样子,让自己蒸发到微风中,微风就能带着你飞越过去,这样你才能到达目的地。"沙漠用它低沉的声音说道。
The little stream had never heard of such a thing. "Give up what I am now and disappear into the breeze? No! No!" She could not accept this idea. After all, she had never experienced anything like it before. Wouldn't it be self-destruction to give up what she was now?
小河流从来不知道有这样的事情,"放弃我现在的样子,然后消失在微风中?不!不!"小河流无法接受这种概念,毕竟它从未有过这样的经验,叫它放弃现在的样子,不等于是自我毁灭了吗?
"How do I know if this is true?" asked the little stream.
"我怎么知道这是真的?"小河流这么问。
"The breeze can carry the vapor across the desert and release it as rain at an appropriate site. The rain will form a river again to continue its course," answered the desert very patiently.
"微风可以把水气包含在它之中,然后飘过沙漠,到了适当的地点,再把这些水气释放出来,于是就变成了雨水。然后这些雨水又会汇聚形成河流,继续向前进。"沙漠很有耐心地回答。
"Will I still be what I am now?" asked the little stream.
"那我还是原来的河流吗?"小河流问。
"Yes, and no. Whether you're a river or invisible vapor, your inner nature never changes. You stick to the fact that you're a river because you don't know your inner nature," answered the desert.
"可以说是,也可以说不是。不管你是一条河流或是看不见的水蒸气,你内在的本质从来没有改变。你会坚持自己是一条河流,那是因为你从来不知道自己内在的本质。"沙漠回答。
Deep down, the stream vaguely remembered that before she became a river, it was perhaps also the breeze that had carried her halfway up a high mountain, where she turned into rain and fell onto the ground and became what she was now. Finally the little stream gathered her courage and rushed into the open arms of the breeze, which carried her to the next stage of her life.
此时小河流的心中,隐隐约约地想起了自己在变成河流之前,似乎也是由微风带着自己,飞到内陆某座高山的半山腰,然後变成雨水降落地面后,才变成今日的河流。于是小河流终于鼓起勇气,投入微风张开的双臂,消失在微风之中,它让微风带着自己,奔向生命中某一段旅程的归宿。
The course of our lives is like the experience of little stream. If you want to surpass the obstacles in your life in order to head for the destination of Truth, Virtue and beauty, you should also have the wisdom and courage to renounce your ego (attachment to yourself).
我们的生命历程也像小河流一样,若想要跨越生命中的障碍,朝真善美的目标迈进,也必须具有"放下自我(执着)"的智慧与勇气。
Perhaps you can try asking yourself these questions: What is my inner nature? What is it that I cling to? and What is it that I really want?
也许你可以试着问自己:我的本质是什么?我紧抓不放的是什么?我要的究竟是什么?
有时候,我们执著的朝自己的目标前进,我们坚信,只要努力一定可以扫清前途的障碍;却忽略了,事物是变化发展的,若想要跨越生命中的障碍,朝真善美的目标迈进,也必须具有放下自我执着的智慧与勇气;在适当的时候,转个弯,或许,又是一条笔直大道。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-16 13:21:59 | 显示全部楼层

Love is as strong as death

一篇古希伯莱文这样写道:“爱即生死相许。”

An ancient Hebrew text says," Love is as strong as death."

由此看来,并非每个人都体验过如此深沉的爱。

It seems that not everyone experiences this kind of strong love.

贫穷不断扩散,罪恶继续蔓延和战争频繁发生,这一切都表明,世界急需真爱。但是,何谓真爱?

The increase in poverty, crime and war tells us that the world is in desperate need of true love .but what is true love?

人人都需要爱。但是,当我们身处爱中,如何才能意识倒它的存在呢?

Love is something we all need but how do we know we've experienced it?

真爱应当是一种奉献,一种实际行动,而不是一种感觉上的激情。

True love is best as devotion and action, not an emotion.

爱并不只建立在感知上,它也囊括了情感因素,但这些绝非是衡量爱的唯一标准。

Love is not exclusively based on how we feel. Certainly our emotions are involved, but they cannot be our only criteria for love.

真爱来临时,你可以为心爱的人舍弃生命,

True love is when you care enough about another person that you would lay down your life for them.

爱到如此深重,才称得上是“生死相许啊”。

When this happens, then love true is "as strong as death".

有多少人的父母,爱人,儿女或朋友愿意为心爱的人舍弃生命?

How many of you have a mother or father, husband or wife, son or daughter or friend who would sacrifice his or her own life for yours?

只有那些真正深切关爱自己家人和孩子的人,才会甘愿牺牲自己。

Those of you who true love your spouse and children would unselfishly lay your life on the line to save them from death.

我们当中又有多少人在爱人垂死的病榻前虔诚祈祷:“上帝啊,用我的生命把他们的生命换回来吧”!

Many people, in emergency rooms with their loved ones have prayed,” please God, take me instead of them."

寻找真爱,做个真心爱人吧!愿你的爱不仅如死般强烈,也能引领你走上充满真爱的人生!

Find true love, and be a true lover as well. May you find the love which is not only stronger than death but which leads to a truly fulfilling life.

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-16 13:22:48 | 显示全部楼层

The Blessed Dress 幸运的结婚礼服

I got an engagement ring for Christmas. My boyfriend and I had been dating for almost a year and both felt the time was right to join our lives together in holy matrimony.
圣诞节的时候我戴上了订婚戒指。我和男友交往已快一年,我们都感到是携手步入神圣的婚姻殿堂的时候了。
The month of January was spent planning our perfect Alabama June wedding. My mother, two sisters and I went to Huntsville, the closest town with a selection of bridal shops, to buy the gown that would play the leading role on my special occasion.
整个一月份我都忙于计划我们将于六月份在阿拉巴马州举行的美丽婚礼。我和母亲,连同两个姐姐前往最近的城市汉斯维尔的一些新娘服装店去挑选结婚礼服-这可是婚礼中至关重要的一个环节。

We had a wonderful time just being together and sharing silly jokes, but the day soon turned serious by afternoon: still no sign of the dress of my dreams. Both sisters were ready to give up and try another day in another town, but I coerced them into one more boutique.
我们母女四个高高兴兴,互相开着玩笑。但是等到了下午气氛就变得严肃起来:仍然没有我梦想中的结婚礼服的丝毫影子。我的两个姐姐都已经准备就此打道回府,改天再到其它的城镇去买,但是我迫使她们陪我再多看一家小店。
I had a good feeling as we entered the quaint little shop filled with the scent of fresh flowers. The elderly clerk showed us several beautiful gowns in my size and price range, but none were right. As I opened the door to leave, the desperate shop owner announced she had one more dress in the back that was expensive and not even my size, but perhaps I might want to look at it anyway. When she brought it out, I squealed in delight.
当我们进入这家满是新鲜花香的精致小店时,我有一种很好的预感。上年纪的店员让我们看了几件适合我穿的美丽的礼服,价格也都在我的预算之内,但是都不是我想要的。正当我打开店门准备离开之即,孤注一掷的老板娘喊道,在后面库里还有一件礼服,这件礼服很贵,甚至没有我穿的号码,但是也许我还是想看一眼。当她拿出来时,我欣喜的叫出声来。
This was it!
就是这一件了!
I rushed to the dressing room and slipped it on. Even though it was at least two sizes too large and more costly than I had anticipated, I talked Mom into buying it. The shop was so small it didn't offer alterations, but my excitement assured me I would be able to get it resized in my hometown.
我冲进试衣间把身体滑进去。尽管它至少要大上两码,价格也比我预想的要高很多,我仍说服了母亲买下了它。这家店很小,连改衣服的服务都不提供,但是在激动之余,我确信能在家乡把它改好。
Excitement wasn't enough. On Monday morning, my world crumbled when the local sewing shop informed me the dress simply could not be altered because of numerous hand-sewn pearls and sequins on the bodice. I called the boutique for suggestions but only got their answering machine.
然而盲目的激动是无济于事的。礼拜一早上,当我们那儿的裁缝店告诉我礼服上手缝的珠子和饰片太多因而没法改动时我傻眼了。我打电话给那家服装店寻求建议,听到的却只是机器的自动应答。
A friend gave me the number of a lady across town who worked at home doing alterations. I was desperate and willing to try anything, so I decided to give her a call.
一个朋友给我镇上一个裁缝的电话,这个裁缝在家里做活。在绝望之余,我愿意进行任何尝试。于是我决定给她打个电话。

When I arrived at her modest white house on the outskirts of town, she carefully inspected my dress and asked me to try it on. She put a handful of pins into the shoulders and sides of my gown and told me to pick it up in two days. She was the answer to my prayers.
当我赶到她在城镇郊区的简陋的白色房子里时,她仔细的察看了我的礼服,并让我穿上。她用别针将礼服的肩膀处和两侧别上,让我两天后来取衣服。她正是我祈祷的福音。
When the time came to pick it up, however, I grew skeptical. How could I have been so foolish as to just leave a $1,200 wedding dress in the hands of someone I barely knew? What if she made a mess out of it? I had no idea if she could even sew on a button.
该去取衣服了,我却忐忑不安起来。我怎么这么愚蠢,将一件价值1200美元的礼服交到一个一点儿也不了解的人手里?如果她改坏了怎么办?我甚至不知道她会不会缝扣子。
Thank goodness my fears were all for naught. The dress still looked exactly the same, but it now fit as if it had been made especially for me. I thanked the cheerful lady and paid her modest fee.
谢天谢地,我的担心都是多余的。礼服仍跟以前一样,不过现在我穿上正合适,仿佛它是为我度身定造的一样。我谢过那个高兴的女裁缝,并付了钱。
One small problem solved just in time for a bigger one to emerge. On Valentine's Day, my fiancé called.
然而这只是解决了一个小问题,更大的问题在后面。情人节那天,未婚夫打来电话。
“Sandy, I've come to the decision that I'm not ready to get married,” he announced, none too gently. “I want to travel and experience life for a few years before settling down.”
“Sandy,我决定了,我还没有对婚姻做好准备,”他宣布,语气一点也不温柔。“在成家之前,我要到各处走走,享受几年生活。
He apologized for the inconvenience of leaving all the wedding cancellations to me and then quickly left town.
他对把取消婚礼的所有麻烦留给我表示歉意,然后很快离开了这个城镇。
My world turned upside down. I was angry and heartbroken and had no idea how to recover. But days flew into weeks and weeks blended into months. I survived.
我的世界被颠覆了。我愤怒,心碎,不知道如何撑过去。然而随着日子一天天,一月月流走,我熬过去了。
One day in the fall of the same year, while standing in line at the supermarket, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see the alterations lady. She politely inquired about my wedding, and was shocked to discover it had been called off, but agreed it was probably for the best.
这个秋季的一天,在超市排队结帐的时候,我听见有人叫我的名字。一扭头,看到那个女裁缝。她很有礼貌的问起我的婚礼,得知被取消她十分吃惊,但随后同意未知的也许是最好的。
I thanked her again for adjusting my wedding gown, and assured her it was safely bagged and awaiting the day I would wear it down the aisle on the arm of my real”Mister Right. “With a sparkle in her eye, she began telling me about her single son, Tim. Even though I wasn't interested in dating again, I let her talk me into meeting him.
我再一次感谢她成功修改了我的结婚礼服,并向她保证,礼服被我安全的放起来了,等待我穿上它挽着我真正的“白马王子”走上红地毯的一天。她眼睛里闪过亮光,开始跟我谈起她的单身的儿子Tim。尽管我对重新约会没有兴趣,我还是听任她给我安排跟她儿子的约会。
I did have my summer wedding after all, only a year later. And I did get to wear the dress of my dreams - standing beside Tim, the man I have shared the last eighteen years of my life with, whom I would never have met without that special wedding gown.
我的夏季婚礼最终成为现实,只不过是一年以后。站在Tim身旁,我终于穿上了我梦中的结婚礼服。在随后的十八年里,我们相亲相爱,相濡以沫。如果不是因为这件特殊的礼服,我们永远不会相遇。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-16 13:23:27 | 显示全部楼层

Holding the hands of time
牵着时光的手

Blow-off vision of the rain, so that you are left with a brilliant rainbow.Shuttle time in my fingers, without any regrets, open stemmed bloom ripples. Blunt rolling thick liquid eternal, but you and I, were dispersed in which period of Acacia leaves.
      吹断目光的雨,让虹的光辉带你离去。时光穿梭在我指间,无悔地绽放开朵朵涟漪。钝厚的流质绵延永恒,而你我,被冲散在其中,相思无绝期。

Inexplicable always feel like the time within the next few precious memories will be stripped from me, more than once dreamed that his standing in a dark empty space, only one track at the foot stretch into thedistance, such as the long past your time and ultimately disappear In my field of vision at the end.
      总是会莫名地感到时间在抽丝剥茧般的将宝贵的回忆从我身上剥离,不止一次梦见自己站在一片空旷黑暗的空间里,脚下只有一条铁轨伸向远方,冗长如过往的光阴,最终消失在我的视野尽头。

I am afraid to lose, I fear this time. But I love the memories. I could not forget the sweat on the pitch with the sway of the brothers, forget accompany me cry close friend, and forget the bright Star of that everynight, and those words have touched me deeply.
      我害怕失去,我对时间如此的恐惧,而我却又那么的热爱回忆。我忘不了球场上一起挥洒汗水的兄弟,忘不了陪我一起哭泣的知己,忘不了那一夜夜璀璨的星空,和那些令我感动至今的话语。

Those people, those things, such as bursts of light rain in the lake left ring Watermark four dispersed to each other to melt each other's impact; if the horizon is still experiencing hundreds billion years quiet shining star, notvery bright, but clearly made . - They do not know how much to spend with me during the day bright and silent night.
      那些人,那些事,如细雨在湖面留下的阵阵环型水纹四散开来彼此消融,彼此撞击;如经历千万亿年仍在天边寂静闪光的星,不甚明亮,却又清晰无比。——它们陪我度过不知多少明媚的白天与沉默的夜。

登录/注册后可看大图

In my memory, the third year is not gray. Because I remember those blessings are not what love is bearing fruit, I still remember holding alot of my friends and I hope to see sunrise and sunset, finally it isyellow everywhere.
      在我的记忆中,高三不是灰色的,因为我记得那些不被祝福的爱情是怎样的开花结果,还记得我与朋友抱着一大堆的希望看日出日落,最后却是黄花遍地。

Youth is the eye lotus spring, third year is that this eye expansion of bubbling spring season. I, however, a strong smell in the bubble years of the Problem taste. I do not exclude these, but too much pressure to do away much fun. Unfortunately, after the college entrance examination, even the pressure would become the memories, be my third year living memory of the dead evidence. In the time before we are so powerless, the only left on just the eye springs, and we have no regrets of the oath, I hope day after day, year after year, when I re-turn to this page , people still.
      青春是眼忘忧泉,高三是这眼泉水膨胀冒泡的季节。而我却在泡泡里嗅到了浓厚的习题的味道。我并不是排斥这些,但过大的压力确实带走了不多的乐趣。只可惜,高考过后,连压力也会成为回忆,成为我缅怀逝去的高三生活的证据。在时间面前我们是如此的无力,唯一能留下的,就只是那眼泉水和我们曾经无悔的誓言,但愿日复一日,年复一年,当我重新翻到这一页时,人心依旧。

I have seen one another chilling words. Some say that once one start like to get into the memory, he or she is getting old. I only admit mature, do not believe they have been growing old. My friends are growing up day by day, and was young and the mature, how can I not had time to grow on the outline of the first to hoary?
      曾经看过一句另我毛骨悚然的话:有人说,一旦开始喜欢回忆,那人正在渐渐老去。我只承认自己的成熟,不相信自己已经老去。我的朋友们正在一天天地长大,成熟并且风华正茂着,我怎么可以没来得及成长就率先苍老了轮廓?

"Heaven Rain in green and so on, and I am waiting for you, the moonlight was recovered, the faint opened the outcome." Jay melancholy voice has been completely different from the business for the time Sentimental, Bard will be the years the pace of a camel inscribed into the blue and white porcelain in that respect.
      “天青色等烟雨,而我在等你,月色被打捞起,晕开了结局。”杰伦忧郁的嗓音已经完全不同与刚出道时的青涩,吟游诗人般地将岁月的脚步镌刻进那一尊青花瓷器。

Our future? Friends ah, I will time the other end, waiting for you.
      我们的未来呢?朋友啊,我会在时间的另一头,等你。

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-29 18:54:41 | 显示全部楼层
Sioux Indian story …
       My grandfather took me to the fish pond on the farm when I was about seven, and he told me to throw a stone into the water. He told me to watch the circles created by the stone. Then he asked me to think of myself as that stone.
  "You may create lots of splashes in your life, but the waves that come from those splashes will disturb the peace of all your fellow creatures," he said.
  "Remember that you are responsible for what you put in your circle and that circle will also touch many other circles."
  "You will need to live in a way that allows the good that comes from your circle to send the peace of that goodness to others. The splash that comes from anger or jealousy will send those feelings to other circles. You are responsible for both."
  That was the first time I realized that each person creates the inner peace or discord that flows out into the world. We cannot create world peace if we are riddled with inner conflict, hatred, doubt, or anger.
  We radiate the feelings and thoughts that we hold inside, whether we speak them or not. Whatever is splashing around inside of us is spilling out into the world, creating beauty or discord with all other circles of life.

登录/注册后可看大图

这是苏语系印第安人部落中流传的一个古老的故事……
  在我七岁那年,我的祖父来到田边的一个池塘。他让我丢一颗石子到水中,并嘱咐我仔细观察石子所激起的水波纹。然后他叫我把自己想象成那颗石子。
  他说:“在生命的水面上,你也许能激起许多波纹,而你所激起的波纹也会打破别人的平静,”
  “要谨记,对你所激起的波纹中所包含的东西负责,因为这些东西会接触、影响到别人的波纹。”
  “你应当努力使自己波纹中的平和宁静传播给他人。当然,如果你的波纹中携带有愤怒、嫉妒,别人也会受到你的影响,因此,你要对它们负责。”
  这是我第一次了解到,每个人心中的平和抑或不和,都会传播给整个世界。如果我们自己内心都被冲突、仇恨、疑虑或者愤怒所纠缠,自然就不能给世界带来平和宁静。
  无论我们是否说出心中的感觉和思绪,我们都在向外界传播它们。无论我们内心激起的是何种波纹,它们都会被传向他人,与别人的生命波纹共同激起美丽,抑或是不和谐。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-29 18:55:38 | 显示全部楼层
"How do you account for your remarkable accomplishment in life?" Queen Victoria of England asked Helen Keller. "How do you explain the fact that even though you were both blind and deaf, you were able to accomplish so much?"
  英国维多利女王曾问海伦•凯勒:“ 你一生中获得如此卓越成就的原因是什么?你又聋又盲,你是如何取得如此巨大的成就的?”

Ms. Keller's answer is a tribute to her dedicated teacher. "If it had not been for Anne Sullivan, the name of Helen Keller would have remained unknown."
  凯勒女士将这一切归功于她那赋予奉献精神的老师。“如果没有安妮•沙利文, 海伦凯勒的名字也许永远不会为人所知。”

According to speaker Zig Ziglar, "Little Annie" Sullivan, as she was called when she was young, was no stranger to hardship. She was almost sightless herself (due to a childhood fever) and was, at one time, diagnosed as hopelessly "insane" by her by caregivers. She was locked in the basement of a mental institution outside of Boston. On occasion, Little Annie would violently attack anyone who came near. Most of the time she generally ignored everyone in her presence.
  据金克•金克拉说,小安妮——沙利文幼时的名字——可是没少经历苦难。她自己因为儿时发高烧而几乎双目失明,且一度被看护者们诊断为精神失常,无法医治。她被所在波士顿城外一个精神医院的地下室里。有时,小安妮惠狂暴的攻击每一个靠近她的人,但多数时候她则对身边的每一个人不理不睬。

An elderly nurse believed there was hope, however, and she made it her mission to show love to the child. Every day she visited Little Annie. For the most part, the child did not acknowledge the nurse's presence, but she still continued to visit. The kindly woman left cookies for her and spoke words of love and encouragement. She believed Little Annie could recover, if only she were shown love.
  尽管如此,一位上了年纪的护士认为仍有希望。她把爱护这个孩子作为自己的职责,每天都去看小安妮。大多数时候,这孩子都意识不到护士的存在,但她仍旧不断地去看她。这位好心的女士给孩子留下饼干,对她说鼓励和慈爱的话语。她坚信,只要有爱,小安妮就一定能恢复正常。

Eventually, doctors noticed a change in the girl. Where they once witnessed anger and hostility, they now noted an emerging gentleness and love. They moved her upstairs where she continued to improve. Then the day finally came when this seemingly "hopeless" child was released.
  终于,医生发现了小姑娘身上的变化。以往他们看到的是愤怒和敌意,但现在看到的确是逐渐显现的温顺和爱意。他们把她搬到了楼上,在那里,她的情况继续好转。终于有一天,这个看来无药可救的孩子出院了。

Anne Sullivan grew into a young woman with a desire to help others as she, herself, was helped by the kindly nurse. It was she who saw the great potential in Helen Keller. She loved her, disciplined her, played with her, pushed her and worked with her until the flickering candle that was her life became a beacon of light to the world. Anne Sullivan worked wonders in Helen's life; but it was a loving nurse who first believed in Little Annie and lovingly transformed an uncommunicative child into a compassionate teacher.
  安妮•沙利文长成了一个大姑娘。她热切地渴望去帮助别人,就像她自己被那位好心的护士帮助一样。正是她看到了身上的潜质。她爱护她,教育她,和她一起玩耍,该她鼓励,和她一起工作,直到她生命微弱的烛光变成了照亮世界的一束强光。安妮•沙利文创造了海伦生命的奇迹,但首先是一位好心的护士相信小安妮,并慈爱的绛一个无法交流的孩子变成了一个有爱心的老师。

"If it had not been for Anne Sullivan, the name of Helen Keller would have remained unknown." But if it had not been for a kind and dedicated nurse, the name of Anne Sullivan would have remained unknown. And so it goes. Just how far back does the chain of redemption extend? And how for forward will it lead?
  “如果没有安妮•沙利文,海伦•凯勒的名字也许永远不为人知。”但是如果没有那个好心且赋予奉献精神的护士,安妮•沙利文的名字也会远不为人所知。这样推下去,这条救助的链条会绵延到哪里?它又会向前延伸多远?

Those you have sought to reach, whether they be in your family or elsewhere, are part of a chain of love that can extend through the generations. Your influence on their lives, whether or not you see results, is immeasurable. Your legacy of dedicated kindness and caring can transform lost and hopeless lives for years to come.
  那些你所想到的人,不管他们在你的家里或是其他什么地方,都是这条在几代人间延续的爱的链条上的一环。你对他们生命的影响,不管你是否看到结果,都是无法估量的。你所奉献的爱心与关怀将会在未来的岁月中转变那些处于迷失和绝望之中的生命。

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-29 18:58:50 | 显示全部楼层

摆脱抱怨 学会感恩

This Is No Time For Complaints

David Hirsch hasn't forgotten the unhappy phone calls he used to get from clients back in 1998 and 1999. A director at Credit Suisse Private Banking USA in Chicago, he was carefully investing clients' money in blue-chip stocks, earning them 15% to 20% in annual returns.

戴维•贺齐(David Hirsch)一直没忘记1998-1999年间那些损失惨重的客户打来的令人不愉快的电话,作为瑞士信贷(Credit Suisse)在芝加哥的美国私人银行部的董事,他多年来一直小心翼翼地把客户的钱投在蓝筹股上,每年能取得15%到20%的收益。

But that was a time when some investors were earning 50% or even 100% returns in tech portfolios. Some of Mr. Hirsch's clients pulled their money, grousing that he wasn't serving them well.  
       John Segal但在当时,有些科技股投资者可以得到50%甚至100%的年回报率。贺齐的一些客户因此撤回了资金,他们对他提供的投资服务表示不甚满意。

Today, though his clients' portfolios are down 35% or more, 'I'm not getting complaints,' Mr. Hirsch says. 'People aren't asking, 'What did you do to my portfolio?' They're asking, 'What do we do from here?''

现在,虽然他管理的客户资金减少了35%或者更多,“但没人再向我抱怨。”贺齐说,“他们不会追问我‘你对我的投资组合干了些什么?’他们只是问‘如今我们该干些什么?’”

There may be a positive by product of our troubled times: a decrease in the urge to complain. People who still have jobs are finding reasons to be appreciative. (It feels unseemly to complain about not getting a raise when your neighbor is unemployed.) Homeowners are unhappy that home values have fallen, but it's a relief to avoid foreclosure. And yes, our portfolios have plummeted, but most of us can say that at least we didn't invest with Bernie Madoff.

这可能是动荡时代带来的一个正面效果:人们的抱怨冲动有所收敛。那些还有工作的人正在学会珍惜这份福气。(如果你的邻居已经失去工作,你就会觉得不必为自己没加上工资而抱怨。)有房子的人虽然不愿看到房价下跌,但至少房子还没被银行没收。是的,我们的投资组合大为缩水,但大多数人还可以说,至少我们没把钱交给金融巨骗马多夫(Bernie Madoff)。

Even if grumbling is only on hiatus, it's clear that in many quarters, we're seeing a return to Depression-era stoicism and an appreciation of simpler things.

虽然投资活动只是暂时收敛,但在很多地方,我们看到了大萧条时代艰苦奋斗精神的回归及对于简单事物的欣赏。

Job satisfaction is actually up, according to a December 2008 survey by Yahoo! HotJobs. Almost 38% of respondents said they were 'very satisfied' with their jobs, compared with 28% in 2007, a likely sign that people are grateful they're still employed. And every week now, we hear reports of workers accepting pay cuts or furloughs without complaint -- some of them acts of solidarity to protect jobs elsewhere in their companies.

事实上,根据雅虎HotJobs网站2008年12月的一项统计,人们对工作的满意度上升了。有近38%的被访者表示,他们对自己的工作“非常满意”,而2007年这一数字仅为28%。这也许意味着人们对自己还有工作怀着一份感恩的心。现在每个星期我们都能听到很多报导,说员工毫无怨言地接受减薪或暂时休假,有些这类团结一心的做法使公司其他部门的人得以保住饭碗。     
       There is also a growing 'noncomplaining' movement that touts the belief that whining doesn't work as a strategy, and that happiness can be found through rituals such as writing in 'gratitude journals.'

而且,日益增多的“不抱怨”运动让人们相信,怨天尤人并不是最好的出路,快乐可以通过各种途径获得,比如写“感恩日记”等等。

Will Bowen, a minister in Kansas City, Mo., is on a mission. His nonprofit organization, A Complaint Free World Inc., has distributed almost six million purple braceletsemblazoned with the group's name. When wearers find themselves complaining, they're asked to switch bracelets to their other wrists. The goal is to go 21 days without having to switch.

密苏里州堪萨斯城牧师威尔•伯文(Will Bowen)发起了事一项活动。他所在的非营利组织“无抱怨世界”(A Complaint Free World Inc.)分发出近600万只铭刻有组织名称的紫色腕带。如果佩戴腕带的人发现自己在抱怨,就要把它换到另一只手腕上去。他们的目标是争取在21天内不挪换腕带。

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2012-9-17 18:19:58 | 显示全部楼层
The world is changing rapidly and most people are very anxious about it. In fact, I think it might even be stronger and more accurate to say that most people are downright fearful of what they see going on around them.

Technological change and innovation are completely altering many aspects of our lives and it doesn’t stop there. Economic changes, social changes, scientific changes, political changes… the list is endless. However, the big question we all face is how are we going to respond to these changes?

While the specific answers about what to do take time and thought to uncover, the best way to approach the future and all of the changes it will bring can be summed up in one word: Confidence.

Personal confidence is one of the greatest assets we all possess. Certainly some people seem to have much more of it than others but I believe that confidence is a skill that we can all develop. In some ways, it is undoubtedly the most important skill we can develop.

With confidence, all things are within the realm of possibility. Without confidence, even the smallest challenges seem insurmountable.

What I find fascinating is that people with confidence always seem to end up on top. They seem to overcome the obstacles that stand in their way. It’s as if problems and challenges run from the person who has confidence.

I think what’s so difficult for most people is the belief that confidence has to be based on having a specific solution at hand but that’s just not true.

What we all respect and admire is the person who can stand up against overwhelming difficulties and persevere without an answer.

Here’s the secret that most people never get. Life’s challenges are no match for the person with unstoppable confidence. While the problems or challenges might seem too big to be overcome, the person with confidence always finds a way to win regardless of the circumstances.

Ultimately, life’s challenges run and hide from the person that maintains confidence.

This is hard lesson to learn. The problems of life seem so big and scary and we often think of ourselves as so small and fragile. But that’s not the way it is. That’s the illusion that most people by into, but it’s not the truth.

The truth is that we are bigger than anything that can ever happen to us in life. We have the power and ability to overcome any obstacle in our path. And the most important tool we possess is personal confidence, believing in your ability to overcome the current challenge just like we have done so many times in the past.

Whatever challenge is currently in your life, know that it’s there to help you grow and expand. Use the problems you encounter to help you build your personal confidence. Remember, you wouldn’t have the problem if you didn’t have the power to overcome it. Expanding your personal confidence will allow you to take on whatever you need to in order to fulfill your personal mission.

登录/注册后可看大图

世界在飞速变化,许多人为此而忧心忡忡。事实上,我认为可以更有力、更确切地说,大多数人对自己周围发生的一切完全心存恐惧。
技术科学进步和创新使我们生活的方方面面发生了翻天覆地的变化,而且这种变化不会到此为止。这种变化同时也渗透到经济、社会、科技、政治等各个方面。然而,大家面临的一个大问题就是:我们将如何应对这些变化?
虽然具体的答案需要花时间和心思才能得出,但通向未来的最佳途径及其将会带来的一切变化可以归结为两个字:信心。
自信是我们所拥有的最宝贵的资本之一。当然,有些人似乎比别人更为自信,但我认为自信是一种人人都可以培养出来的技巧。就某些方面而言,它毋庸置疑是我们可以培养的最重要的技巧。
拥有信心,一切皆有可能。缺乏信心,即使是最微不足道的挑战,都会显得难以逾越,无法克服。
我发现令人为之着迷的是自信之人似乎总是以成功而告终。他们似乎能够扫除一切“拦路虎”。问题和挑战仿佛从自信者身上逃之夭夭。
我认为对大多数人而言,最大的困难在于他们认为信心必须建立在手头拥有具体的解决方案的基础之上,但事实恰恰并非如此。我们都敬佩和仰慕这样的人,他们能够悍然面对种种艰巨的困难,能够不问结果而坚持不懈。
这就是大多数人无法获得信心的秘密。生活中的种种挑战在这些信心十足的人面前不堪一击,无法抗衡。虽然这些问题或挑战看起来似乎庞大得无法撼动,但无论环境如何,充满自信的人总会找到获胜的办法。
生活得种种挑战和难题最终会从一直保持自信的人身边落荒而逃。
这是一段艰深难学的课程。生活的难题看起来似乎艰巨而又吓人,而我们经常认为自己渺小又脆弱,但事情不是这样的。那不过是许多人买这种假象的账,但事实并非如此。
事实上,我们比生活中任何可能发生在我们身上的事情更强大。我们有力量和能力去克服路途上的一切障碍。而我们拥有的最重要的工具是自信心--相信我们可以克服目前的难题,就像我们以前无数次经历的一样。
无论目前你生活中的难题是什么,都要知道自信正助你成长和发展。利用遇到的问题帮助自己建立自信心。记住,如果你不具备解决问题的能力,你是不会遇到难题的。增强自信心将会使你运用所需的一切去完成个人使命。

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2012-9-17 18:21:30 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                         生命中的5个气球
In a university commencement address several years ago, Brian Dyson, CEO of Coca Cola Enterprises, spoke of the relation of work to one’s other commitments:
几年前,在一所大学的开幕典礼中,可口可乐的首席执行官布赖恩•戴森讲到工作与其他义务的关系:

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back.
想象生命是一场不停丢掷五个球于空中的游戏。这五个球分别为工作、家庭、健康、朋友和心灵,而且你很努力地掷着这五个球,不让它们落地。很快地你会了解工作是一个橡皮球。如果你不幸失手落下它,它还是会弹回来。

But the other four balls family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life. How?
但是家庭、健康、朋友和心灵这四个球是用玻璃做成的。一旦你失手落下,它们可能会少了一角,留下无法挽回的记号、刻痕、损坏甚至碎落一地。它们将永远不会跟以前一样。你必须了解这个道理,并且为平衡你的生命而努力。但要怎么才做得到呢?

Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
别拿自己和他人比较,这只会降低了你原有的价值。因为我们都是独一无二的,因为我们每一个人都很特别。

Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.
别人认为重要的事不一定是你的目标。只有你才知道什么最适合你。

Don’t take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as they would be your life, for without them, life is meaningless.
不要将贴近你的心的人、事物视为理所当然的存在。你必须将他们视为你的生命一般好好地抓牢他们。没有他们,生命将失去意义。

Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live ALL the days of your life.
别让你的生命总在依恋过去种种或是寄望未来中逝去。如果你活在每个当下,你就活出了生命中的每一天。

Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
当你还能给予的时候别轻言放弃。只要你不放弃,就有无限延伸的可能。

Don’t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us to each together.
别害怕承认你并非完美。正因如此,我们才得以藉由这脆弱的细丝紧密地串绑在一起。

Don’t be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
别害怕遇到危险。正因如此,我们才得以藉由这些机会学习勇敢。

登录/注册后可看大图

Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give it; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
别以爱太难找到作为借口而紧闭你的心扉。最迅速找到爱的方法就是给予你的爱;最快速失去爱的方法就是紧紧地守着你的爱不放;维持爱的最好方式就是给爱一双翅膀。

Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going.
莫要匆忙地度过你的一生,那匆忙让你忘了曾经到过哪里,也让你忘了你要去哪里。

Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
莫忘记,人类情感上最大的需要是感恩。

Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily.
莫害怕学习。知识没有重量,它是可以随意携带的珍宝。

Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved.
莫漫不经心地蹉跎光阴或口无遮拦。时间与言词两者都是一放便收不回来。

Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.
生命不是一场赛跑, 而是一步一个脚印的旅程。

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery and Today is a gift: that’s why we call it ‘The Present’.
过去已成历史,未来充满未知。今天是份礼物:那就是我们称之为“现在”的原因。

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2012-9-17 18:22:40 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                    幸福物语
只要准备好明天的微笑,无论在天涯海角,相信爱总会千方百计把你寻找。抛开过去的不快乐的记忆,准备好微笑迎接每一个明天吧。
1、去掉包裹
Remove unneeded possessions. Minimalism forces you to live in the present. removing items associated with past memories or lives frees us up to stop living in the past and start living in the present.
去掉不必要的包裹。简约主义迫使你活在当下。抛开和过去的记忆或生活相关的东西,让自己停止活在过去,自由的开始现在的生活。

2、微笑
Smile. each day is full of endless possibilities! start it with a smile. you are in control of your attitude every morning, keep it optimistic and expectant.
微笑。每一天都充满无限可能!从微笑开始吧。充满期待,满怀乐观,每天早晨你都掌控着你的态度。

3、满怀感激
Fully appreciate the moments of today. soak in as much of today as you possibly can – the sights, the sounds, the smells, the emotions, the triumph, and the sorrow.
为今天的这一刻满怀感激。尽可能的充分融入到今天--无论是看到的,听到的,还是闻到的,无论是情感还是胜利,或悲伤。

4、忘记伤痛
Forgive past hurts. if you are harboring resentment towards another human being because of past hurts, choose to forgive and move on. the harm was their fault. but allowing it to impact your mood today is yours.
忘记过去的伤痛。如果你因为过去的伤痛而对另一个人心怀怨恨,那么请忘记并继续前进。带来伤害是他们的错。但是让伤害影响你今天的心情就是你的错了。

5、热爱你的职业
Love your job. if you just “survive” the workweek constantly waiting for the next weekend “to get here,” you are wasting 71% of your life (5 out of 7 days). there are two solutions: 1) find a new job that you actually enjoy (it’s out there), or 2) find something that you appreciate about your current career and focus on that rather than the negatives.
热爱你的职业。如果你在一周工作时间里仅仅是幸存的状态,并经常是等待下个周末再次来到这里,那么你就是浪费了你生命的71%的时间(一周中的五天)。这里有两种解决办法:1)找一个你真正喜欢的职业(就在那了),2)找到你赏识现在的职业的地方,并专注于它,而不是消极的一面。

6、对未来充满梦想
Dream about the future, but work hard today. dream big. set goals and plans for the future. but working hard today is always the first step towards realizing your dreams tomorrow. don’t allow dreaming about tomorrow to replace living in today.
对未来充满梦想,但辛勤工作于今日。要有大的梦想。为未来定制目标和计划。但今日的辛勤工作永远是为实现未来梦想的第一步。不要让明日的梦想代替了你今日的生活。

7、过好今天
Don’t dwell on past accomplishments. if you are still talking about what you did yesterday, you haven’t done much today.
不要老是活在过去的成就上。如果你总是谈论你昨日做什么,那么你今日就没做多少事情。

8、停止抱怨
Stop worrying. you can’t fully appreciate today if you worry too much about tomorrow. realize that tomorrow is going to happen whether you worry about it or not. and since worry has never accomplished anything for anybody, redirect your mental energy elsewhere.
停止抱怨。如果你对明日抱怨太多,那么你就无法感激今日。你要明白无论你抱怨与否,明日终将到来。那么既然抱怨没有为任何人完成任何事,何不让你的内心精力花在别的地方呢。

9、超越旧方法
Think beyond old solutions to problems. our world is changing so fast that most of yesterday’s solutions are no longer the right answers today. don’t get locked into a “but that’s how we’ve always done it” mentality. yesterday’s solutions are not today’s solutions and they are certainly not tomorrow’s solutions.
超越旧方法解决问题。我们的世界变化如此之快,以至于昨日大部分的解决办法已经不再适用于今日的问题。不要拘泥于“但是我们曾经就是这么做的”这种心理。昨日的办法已经不再是今日的解决之路,并且他们更不是明日的选择。

10、战胜病魔
Conquer addictions. addictions in your life hold you hostage. they keep you from living a completely free life today. find some help. take the steps. and remove their influence over your life.
战胜瘾病。你沉溺于生活中的一些事情,最终使你变成。

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2012-9-17 18:23:38 | 显示全部楼层
                                                        上帝永远不会问你十件事
房子有多大
1.God won't ask the square footage of your house,He'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home。
上帝不会问你的房子有多大,他会问你邀请过多少人来到你家里。
开哪种车
  2.God won't ask what kind of car you drove,He will ask how many people you drove who did not have transportation。
上帝不会问你开的是哪种车,他会问你搭载的人中,有多少是没有交通工具的。
衣柜有多少衣服
3.God won't ask about the clothes you had in your closet,He'll ask how many you helped to clothe。
  上帝不会问你衣柜里有多少衣服,他会问你曾帮助多少需要衣物的人。
收入有多丰富
4.God won't ask what your highest salary was,He'll ask if you compromised your characterto obtain it。
上帝不会问你收入有多丰富,他会问你是否为不义之财。
职位是什么
5.God won't ask what yout job title was,He'll ask if you preformed your job to the best of your ability。
上帝不会问你的职位,他会问你是否有充分发挥自己的才能。
肤色是什么
6.God won't ask about the color of your skin ,He'll ask about the content of your character。
上帝不会问你的肤色,他会问你的人格特质。
住在哪个社区

7.God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived,He'll ask how you treated your neighbors。
上帝不会问你住在哪个社区,他会问你是如何对待你的左邻右舍的。
有多少朋友
8.God won't ask how many friends you had ,He'll ask how many people to whom you were a friend。
上帝不会问你有多少朋友,他会问你是多少人的朋友。
寻找救助
9.God won't ask why it took you so long to seek Salvation .He'll lovingly take you to your mansion in heaven,and not to the gates of Hell。
上帝不会问你怎么会那么长的时间在寻找救恩,他是多么引颈期盼能将你引领到天上的家,而非地狱之门。
信息传达
10.God won't have ask how many people you forward this to,He already knows your decision ,
上帝不需要问你会将这个信息传给多少人,你的心思他早已知晓。

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2012-9-17 18:24:22 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                         生活处处有晴天
We know what people most often regret before they die:
我知道人们去世前经常后悔的几件事:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
希望曾有勇气活出自己,而不是依他人心意而活。

2. I wish I didn't work so hard.
希望曾不要玩命工作。

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
希望曾敢于表达自己。

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
希望曾与朋友保持联系。

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
希望曾让自己更快乐。

So what can you do to live a life without regret?
那你如何才能活得无怨无悔?

登录/注册后可看大图

First, stop worrying. You anticipate regret will be much more painful than it actually is. Studies show we consistently overestimate how regret affects us.
首先,不要担忧,因为事实总是没有我们想的那么糟。研究显示我们总是高估了悔恨给我们带来的影响。

Leaving options open is not the answer. Ironically, leaving options open makes you dwell on whether you should change your mind. Once the situation is no longer reversible, cognitive dissonance works to your advantage and you're more likely to be at peace. Stop trying to maximize everything. It gets you better results but makes you miserable.
不要因为怕错失其他机会就不做选择。当你决定后,总是为错过其他选择后悔不已,于是又改变主意。其实,一旦想好,你会渐渐投入进去,也不会再胡思乱想。不要把每件事都无限放大,这样虽有更好的结果,但你总是在犹豫中纠结,有点得不偿失。

As with anything related to happiness, perspective is most of the battle. Stop comparing your situation to a lofty, perfect one and compare it to something far worse that you could have opted for. In studies this is consistently associated with lower regret intensity.
至于幸福,很大程度上取决于你的心态。不要把你的情况和天堂或地狱比较,研究发现知足常乐会让我们更少感到后悔。

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

• 联系我们
  • 电话: 010-82275730
  • 邮箱: zhaomu@newpathfound.org
  • 地址: 北京市朝阳区裕民路12号元辰鑫大厦E1座638室

本网站运行在腾讯云 首页|站点统计|极简家园|手机版|小黑屋|百度统计|美新路 ( 京ICP备14061082号-1 )

京公网安备 11010502041421号

GMT+8, 2024-9-25 06:21 , Processed in 0.275179 second(s), 26 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表