主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

【天蝎座10月24日~11月22日】【B型指环】【12生肖·蛇】【帅哥勋章】【守护精灵勋章】【宣传大使勋章】【魅力之王勋章(GG)】【爱心富翁勋章】【热心家人勋章】【活跃家人勋章】【爱上家园勋章】【海洋之心勋章】【积极回应勋章】【美新路·回访之星勋章】【美新路·通信之星勋章】【小有人气勋章】【最佳人气勋章】【爱心大使勋章】【智慧之星勋章】【家园活动勋章】【文思泉涌勋章】【家园基石勋章】【辛勤工作勋章】【家园建设勋章】【优秀志愿伙伴勋章】【优秀版主勋章】【优秀志愿者勋章】【蛇年如意2013】【 版 主 】【 元 勋 】【志愿之星(服务满1年)☆】【志愿之星(服务满2年)★】【志愿之星(服务满3年)★☆】

QQ
发表于 2011-9-12 14:25:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

淡淡的感觉

The Subtle Feeling

I like the subtle fresh green budding from the branches of the tree--the herald of spring, ushering in the dawn...
我喜欢这种淡淡的感觉 我喜欢看树枝上那淡淡的嫩绿,它是春天的使者,它是一天清晨的开始……

I like the subtle flow of cloud that makes the sky seem even more vast, azure and immense...
我喜欢天空中那淡淡的云,它将天空衬的更高更蓝更宽……

I like the subtle wind. In spring, it steals a kiss on my cheek; in autumn, it caresses my face; in summer, it brings in cool sweet smell; in winter, it carries a crisp chilliness...
我喜欢淡淡的风。春风轻吻脸颊,秋风抚面温柔,夏天的风送来凉爽,冬天的风带来清凉……

I like the subtle taste of tea that last long after a sip. The subtle bitter is what it is meant to be...
我喜欢喝淡淡的茶,淡淡之中才品出它余味的清香,淡淡的苦才是它原来的味道……

I like the subtle friendship that does not hold people together. In stead, an occasional greeting spreads our longings far beyond...
我喜欢追求淡淡的友谊。彼此之间不需要天天在一起,偶尔一句:你好吗?思念就像发芽一样蔓延开来……

I like the subtle longing for a friend, when I sink deeply in a couch, mind wandering in memories of the past...
我喜欢淡淡地思念一个人,静静地将自己包围在沙发之中,任思绪在回忆里飘荡……

Love should also be subtle, without enslavingthe ones fallen into her arms. Not a bit less nor a bit more...
爱也要淡淡的。爱,不要成为囚,少是愁多也是忧……

Subtle friendship is true; subtle greetings are enough; subtle love is tender; subtle longing is deep; subtle wishes come from the bottom of your heart...
淡淡的一点友谊很真,淡淡的一点问候很醇,淡淡的一点依恋很清,淡淡的一点孤独很美,淡淡的一点思念很深,淡淡的一点祝福最真……

评分

参与人数 1爱心 +10 钻石 +1 收起 理由
sandy小 + 10 + 1 刚发现,这个还挺好!继续继续~~

查看全部评分

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

家人有问题?看这里】   【版主有问题?看这里】  【来领勋章:)】 【聊聊啊!

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

【天蝎座10月24日~11月22日】【B型指环】【12生肖·蛇】【帅哥勋章】【守护精灵勋章】【宣传大使勋章】【魅力之王勋章(GG)】【爱心富翁勋章】【热心家人勋章】【活跃家人勋章】【爱上家园勋章】【海洋之心勋章】【积极回应勋章】【美新路·回访之星勋章】【美新路·通信之星勋章】【小有人气勋章】【最佳人气勋章】【爱心大使勋章】【智慧之星勋章】【家园活动勋章】【文思泉涌勋章】【家园基石勋章】【辛勤工作勋章】【家园建设勋章】【优秀志愿伙伴勋章】【优秀版主勋章】【优秀志愿者勋章】【蛇年如意2013】【 版 主 】【 元 勋 】【志愿之星(服务满1年)☆】【志愿之星(服务满2年)★】【志愿之星(服务满3年)★☆】

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-9-12 14:26:17 | 显示全部楼层

笨拙的爱

My friend got married. His mother carried two bags of cotton from the countryside by bus and train to his city. After arriving at the city, there was still a long way to his house without any bus passing by the house. His mother walked to his home breathlessly for 40 minutes without taking a taxi in order to save money.
朋友结婚。母亲从乡下背了两床七斤重的棉絮,坐火车、汽车,辗转而来。到了家门口,还有一段很远的路,没有公车直达。母亲舍不得打车,气喘吁吁走了四十分钟,才到家。

My friend felt bitter as well as funny as his mother’s deeds. He pointed to the cashmere and silk quilts and said, “So long as you have money, you can buy anything in the supermarket. There is no need for you to carry so much cotton here in such a long way.”But his mother insisted and said, “The cotton of this year is light and warmth-keeping. Have a try and you will know!”
朋友哭笑不得,指着满床的羊绒被、蚕丝被说,只要有钱,商场里什么样的被子买不到,非要这样折腾? 母亲固执地辩解,这是今年的新棉花,轻巧保暖,你试试吧,试试就知道了。

Maybe every parent is the same, caring for their children with relentless love without caring about whether they know or like it.
父母就是这样了。用执拗的心爱着子女,不管他们是否在意,是否领情。

This early spring, I went to visit my grandmother. We had dry beans stew, eggplant salad bar, sauce radish for our dinner, all of which were dried by my grandmother last autumn and tasted wonderful. I loved the dishes to my heart’s content and could not help praising them again and again. After a few days, my grandmother, who seldom visited us, came to my home and unpacked her bag, smilingly taking out bags of dried eggplants, dried beans and dried vegetable.
早春时节,我去探望婆婆。晚饭,吃的干豆角炖肉,凉拌茄条,酱萝卜条……都是婆婆头年秋天晒的干菜。嚼来滋味悠长,有阳光的味道。我吃得满心欢喜,随口赞了数声。 隔了几日,平时很少上门的婆婆突然来了,笑眯眯地解开包袱,用塑料袋包得严严实实的是茄子干、干豇豆、花菜干。

She told me that I left so hastily last time that she forgot to give me some of these foods, so she took this chance to bring me what I liked.  I was speechless at that time. Due to my casual compliment on her food, my grandmother , a nearly 70-year-old lady, by taking three buses from the west of the city to the east, came to my home with the food I liked. But she was bus-sick in life and even seldom went strolling in the street.
婆婆说,上回你走得急,我忙得忘了给你装。这些都是你爱吃的,我各样都带了一些,尝尝啊,可香呢。我一时都不知道要说什么。就因为我心血来潮的一句话,竟然让快七十岁的老人倒了三趟车,从城西到城东,特意跑来。而她因为害怕晕车,总是连逛街都推辞不肯啊。

My pretty girlfriend had a failed marriage in the past. After divorce, her parents shed the deepest protection and care to her by helping her attend to the child and offering financial aids. Her parents’love made her pull herself together and forgot the man who had hurt her before.
漂亮的女友有过一段失败的婚姻,离婚后,父母给了她最深的庇护。帮她带孩子,给她经济援助。双亲的关爱让她重新焕发了生活的信心。对于那个负心的人,她自是不去理会。

Nonetheless, her father, an honest and upright old man, after hearing his ex-son-in-law got promoted in his company, felt terrifically irritated and went to his company to question his boss why a philandering man with corrupt conducts could get promoted. The whole office fell into a mess immediately and many staff just watched on the sidelines. Some people even whispered lightly, “It is a new era now and the relationship between men and women is very open. No one would care about that any more!”
可是,她的父亲,那个温和耿直的老人,却在听到昔日女婿升迁的消息后,抑制不住愤怒,跑到那人的单位质问领导,为什么一个拈花惹草、品行败坏的人会得到提拔?办公室乱作一团。那么多人冷眼旁观。有人轻声嘀咕,都什么年代了,男女关系早就放开不管了,找单位有什么用?

The old man stood silently in the office with his hands shivering and eyes tearing.
老人愣在那里,两手发抖,满眼含泪。

That night, my girlfriend cried heavily in front of me. I asked her whether it was her father’s stupid deeds that made her feel humiliated. But she said that she felt guilty for her dad and that though the rest of the whole world betrayed her, her old father would still back her up and help her get the justice she deserved, just as when she was young and the neighboring boy grabbed her ball, her father would get it back for her. However, this changed world was no longer the stage for her old father and his deeds became funnily obsolete. No one managed to see the real and ever-lasting love to his daughter behind his seemingly rude behaviors.
是夜,女友在我面前号啕。我问,是她父亲愣头愣脑处理问题的方式让她觉得丢脸吗?女友说,她只是心疼年已70的父亲。纵使世界辜负了她,年迈的父亲依然会为她讨还公道,就像年幼时,邻家的男孩抢了她的皮球一样。可这世界,已不再是父亲驰骋的疆场,他的举动变得可笑落伍。没有人看到,他看似鲁莽的行为背后隐藏的情深意长。

Now we have grown up, so much so that we could support our family and have our own children. But in our parents’ heart, they are still worried that we do not have sufficient quilts and dried vegetables. They would not feel troubled to bring all these to us regardless of long tough journey. They even would not like us to suffer a bit and try all means to protect us without caring about whether what they do is awkward and stupid or not.
是啊,就算我们早已成年,强壮到足以支撑起一个家,生儿育女,可在他们心里,依旧会担心我们没有棉被盖,没有干菜吃,路途迢迢,不怕麻烦地给我们送过来;甚至舍不得我们受半点委屈,拼命地想替儿女遮风避雨,全不理会动作笨拙,姿势难看,用力太猛,用情太深。

Who in the world would love us so deeply and relentlessly without asking for any repay? Only our parents!
还有谁会这样笨拙固执,毫无心机地爱着我们? 只有我们的父母。

评分

参与人数 1爱心 +20 收起 理由
云舟远航 + 20 感动

查看全部评分

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-9-12 14:28:35 | 显示全部楼层

永远守护着自己的天使

In fact, everyone has an angel protecting himself forever.

If this angel feels that your life is full of pain and you always feel excessively sad, She would turn into someone else beside you.

Maybe it's a friend of you, or your lover, or a net-friend you have never met,or a stranger you just met only once.
These persons quietly appear in your life, accompany you with a happy time and then he could leave silently. And thus your life is full of happy memories. Even the future path is covered with storm or snow, once reminiscing those happy stories he brought to you , you can still be brave.

For those who have left you without any word, actually they're angels returning to the heaven. For example, your lost friends ,the strangers who ever gave you help, those seperated but used to love you, those artists who used to sing good songs to you, the good writer,and etc.., they are all kind-hearted angels.

Perhaps sometimes you would feel sad or lost because of their disappearance, and would seek them everywhere to find out where they're going, which nation they've arrived. But in the end, you'll be convinced that they stay in a certain nook of this world with a tranquil and gratified life. Finallly, all the feelings of loss or sadness will no longer exist since time has been the greatest therapist.

其实每个人都有一个永远守护着自己的天使

如果这个天使觉得你的生活太过痛苦,你的心情太过悲伤,那么她就化身成你身边的某一个人。

也许是你的朋友,也许是你的爱人,也许是你未曾见过的网友,也或许是你仅仅见过一面的陌生人。

这些人静静的出现在你的生命里,陪你度过一段快乐的时光,然后他再不动声色的离开。于是你的人生就有了幸福的回忆,即使你以后的道路上
布满了风雪,一想起曾经他给你的幸福故事,你就可以依然勇敢。

所以那些默默离开你的人,其实都是天使回归了天国,比如那些离开的朋友,那些曾经给过你帮助的陌生人,那些曾经爱过但最后分开的人,曾经给你唱过很好听的歌曲的艺人、写过一本好书的作家,他们都是善良的天使。

也许你有段时间会对于他们的消失感到伤心或失落,会四处寻找想知道他们去了哪里,到了什么国度,可是到最后,你都会相信,他们在这个世界的某一个角落,安静而满足的生活着,于是曾经的那些失落和伤心都将不复存在。时间是最伟大的治愈师。

评分

参与人数 1钻石 +1 收起 理由
hahachen + 1 感谢分享

查看全部评分

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-9-13 11:48:24 | 显示全部楼层

关于你,我想知道的是...

What I Want to Know About You

It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.

It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dreams, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain!

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, or to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn’t interest me if the story you’re telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. I want to know if you can be faithful and therefore be trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see beauty even when it is not pretty every day, and if you can source your life from god’s presence. I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of a lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, “Yes!”

It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after a night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done for the children.

It doesn’t interest me who you are, how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself, and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

你以什么为生我不感兴趣。我想知道的是你因什么而痛苦,想知道你是否敢于去梦想满足心灵的渴望。

你的年龄我不感兴趣。我想知道的是你是否甘当傻瓜去追求爱、追求梦想和经历生活的惊险刺激。

是什么磨圆了你的棱角我不感兴趣。我想知道的是你是否触碰过自己受伤的心,是否因为生活辜负过你而变得豁达,还是因为害怕遭受更多的痛苦而变得无助、紧闭心扉。

我想知道你是否能痛苦着我的痛苦而不是避开它,躲着它。

我想知道你是否能欢乐着我的欢乐,是否能狂舞一曲,让快乐溢满你的指尖和脚趾,而不是告诫我们:要小心翼翼、要现实、要牢记做人的局限。

你说的是真是假我不感兴趣。我想知道的是你是否为了忠实于自己而敢于令他人失望,是否敢于承担背叛的骂名而不愿违背良心,是否能做到诚实可靠从而值得信赖。

我想知道你是否能领略美,是否因为生命的存在而追溯生命的起源,我想知道你是否愿意接受你我的失败并仍然敢于站在湖边,对着银色的满月大声回答“是”。

你栖身何处、有多少金钱我不感兴趣。我想知道的是一夜伤心和绝望、一身疲惫和伤痕之后,你是否照样起床,履行应尽的义务,养育待哺的孩子。

你有何背景、何以成为现在的你我不感兴趣。我想知道的是你是否愿意与我一道,站在烈火中*央而不退缩。

你在哪里受的教育,学的什么并与谁为师我不感兴趣。我想知道的是一切消逝之后是什么在内心支撑着你,你是否能够独自面对自己,是否真正喜欢你在空虚的时刻结交的伙伴。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-9-13 11:51:34 | 显示全部楼层

两只猪猪的刻骨爱情
Two Pigs' Deep Love

Wen and Zhe are pigs. They have known each other and been in love since they were little.
          纹和哲是两只猪,从小青梅竹马。

They love each other so much, as if there were no others in the world.
          他们非常相爱,仿佛全世界只属于他们两个。

Zhe takes very good care of Wen.
        哲无微不至地照顾着纹。

When they have dinner, Zhe always reserves the best for Wen.
        吃饭地时候,哲总会把最好的留给纹。

Wen grows  happily under Zhe's good care.
        纹在哲的悉心照顾下快乐的成长着。

But on a dark windy night, their master decides to sell the fatter one to the butcher's house.
        可是,一个风高的夜晚,主人残忍地决定过两个月后把胖的那只送到屠宰场。

Watching Wen in her sleep, Zhe stays wide awake that night. He knows that Wen will be the one if things go on like this.
        看着纹熟睡的脸,哲一夜未眠。他明白,照此下去,纹肯定难逃一劫。

Zhe decides to sacrifice himself. For the first time in his life, Zhe starts a fight with Wen, which breaks his heart so bad.
        哲决定选择牺牲,平生第一次,哲骂了纹。这让哲的心里痛苦极了。

However Wen tries, Zhe never talks to her anymore.
        不管纹怎么努力,哲都不再理她。

After that, Zhe always has fat meals without waiting up for Wen. Wen starts to slim down because of the heartbreak. But Zhe gets bigger and bigger everyday.
        此后,哲开始暴饮暴食,再不等着纹,伤心的纹日渐消瘦,哲却日渐臃肿。

Zhe writes down " I Love You" on the wall the night before death.
        死亡临近的那一夜,哲在他俩的真爱墙上写下了他爱的誓言。

Zhe is taken away from Wen forever. "If words can't speak themselves, my death will say it all."
        哲被永远地带走了。“如果语言无法表达,我愿意用生命来证明。”

Wen finally sees what Zhe has done for her. She doesn't even have a chance to say " I Love You" to Zhe now.
        纹终于明白了哲为她做的一切,她甚至来不及对哲说一声“我爱你”。

Wen decides to leave the place that has the sad memory and live her own life, also Zhe's.
        纹决定离开这个伤心的地方,为了哲坚强的活下去。

评分

参与人数 1爱心 +20 收起 理由
企鹅PINGU + 20 图文并茂,真美!

查看全部评分

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-9-21 17:24:08 | 显示全部楼层
Just Two For Breakfast
两个人的早餐

When my husband and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at our favorite restaurant, Lenny, the piano player, asked, "How did you do it?"

当我和丈夫在我们最喜欢的饭馆庆祝结婚38周年纪念日时,那个弹钢琴的莱尼过来问道:“你们是怎么过过来的?”

I knew there was no simple answer, but as the weekend approached, I wondered if one reason might be our ritual of breakfast in bed every Saturday and Sunday.

我知道,对于这个问题无法简简单单地来回答。但随着周末一天天的临近,我开始在想:或许其中的一个原因就是我们每逢星期六和星期天都在床上吃早餐。

It all started with the breakfast tray my mother gave us as a wedding gift. It had a glass top and slatted wooden side pockets for the morning paper e kind you used to see in the movies. Mother loved her movies, and although she rarely had breakfast in bed, she held high hopes for her daughter. My adoring bridegroom took the message to heart.

一切都是从那个早餐托盘开始的,我妈把它作为结婚礼物送给我们。盘面是玻璃的,两边各有一个细长的木制侧袋用来放晨报——就像过去常常在电影中见到的那样。我妈很喜欢那些电影,尽管她自己很少在床上用早餐,却非常希望女儿能这样。深爱着我的新郎把我母亲的话牢记在心里。

Feeling guilty, I suggested we take turns. Despite grumblings -- "hate crumbs in my bed" ---Sunday morning found my spouse eagerly awaiting his tray. Soon these weekend breakfasts became such a part of our lives that I never even thought about them. I only knew we treasured this separate, blissful time  read, relax, forget the things we should remember.

出于心里感觉有些愧疚,我提议由我们两个轮流准备早餐。星期天早上,虽然他嘴里嘟嘟囔囔地抱怨着——“我讨厌饭渣弄到床上。”——但我还是见到丈夫在急切地等候他的早餐。周末早餐不久就成为我们生活中的一部分,习以为常也就不去想它了。我只知道我俩都很珍视这段与其他时间有别的幸福时光——看看报、放松一下自己,忘记那些本该记在心里的事情。

Sifting through the years, I recalled how our weekends changed,but that we still preserved the ritual. We started our family (as new parents, we slept after breakfast more than we read), but we always found our way back to where we started, just two for breakfast, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

细想逝去的岁月,我回忆起我们周末生活的诸多变化,但这个老习惯却依旧保留下来。我们建立起了这个家庭(初为父母时,早饭后的时间我们多半是睡一会儿,而不是阅读),但是我们总能够找到归路,返回起点——只是两个人的早餐,星期六一次,星期天一次。

When we had more time, my tray became more festive. First it was fruit slices placed in geometric pattern; then came flowers from our garden metimes just one blossom sprouting from a grapefruit half. This arranger of mine had developed a flair for decorating, using everything from amaryllis to the buds of a maple tree. My husband said my cooking inspired him. Mother would have approved. Perhaps it was the Saturday when the big strawberry wore a daisy hat that I began to think, how can I top this? One dark winter night I woke with a vision of a snowman on a tray. That Sunday I scooped a handful of snow and in no time had my man made. With a flourish I put a miniature pinecone on his head.

当我们有了更多的时间,我的早餐托盘上就变得更加具有喜庆色彩。开始时是以几何图形排列的水果片,随后便是从自家花园里摘来的鲜花——有时候只是一朵,开在一半的葡萄柚当中。没想到这竟激发出我在装饰、点缀方面的天赋,各种各样的东西,从孤挺花到枫树的叶芽,都成为我手下的装饰材料。丈夫说我做的早餐启发了他,妈妈也会赞同他的说法。或许是在那个星期六,在一个大草莓上放一个雏菊做帽子之后,我开始在想:我怎么才能够超过它?在一个漆黑的冬夜,我从梦中醒来,眼前仿佛看到有一个雪人站在托盘上。就在那个星期天,我铲来了一捧雪,很快就做好了一个雪人。我轻轻地把一个微型松果按在雪人的头上。

As I delivered the tray, complete with a nicely frozen snowman, I waited for a reaction. There was none but as I headed down the stairs I heard a whoop of laughter and then, "You've won! Yes, sir, you've won the prize!"

我端着早餐上楼,盘面上放着那个冻结实的小雪人,我期待着他的反应——什么也没有——但就在我下楼时,我听到他放声大笑起来,紧接着,他说道:“你赢了!毫无疑问,你得奖了!”
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

帖子

积分

爱心骑士

积分
发表于 2011-10-5 15:51:40 | 显示全部楼层
....此帖顶上去。。。。
"

登录/注册后可看大图

air max outletair max 24-7air max 2011"

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-5 16:38:58 | 显示全部楼层
回复 7# 小小子

非常感谢啊~你的支持,就是我的动力~谢谢啊~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-6 13:56:58 | 显示全部楼层
Of  Love
论爱情

The stage is more beholding to love, than the life of man. For as to the stage, love is ever matter of comedies, and now and then of tragedies; but in life it doth much mischief; sometimes like a siren, sometimes like a fury.

舞台上的爱情生活比生活中的爱情要美好得多。因为在舞台上,爱情只是喜剧和悲剧的素材,而在人生中,爱情却常常招来不幸。它有时象那位诱惑人的魔女,有时又象那位复仇的女神。

You may observe, that amongst all the great and worthy persons (whereof the memory remaineth, either ancient or recent) there is not one, that hath been transported to the mad degree of love: which shows that great spirits, and great business, do keep out this weak passion. You must except, nevertheless, Marcus Antonius, the half partner of the empire of Rome, and Appius Claudius, the decemvir and lawgiver; whereof the former was indeed a voluptuous man, and inordinate; but the latter was an austere and wise man: and therefore it seems (though rarely) that love can find entrance, not only into an open heart, but also into a heart well fortified, if watch be not well kept.

你可以看到,一切真正伟大的人物(无论是古人、今人,只要是其英名永铭于人类记忆中的),没有一个是因爱情而发狂的人。因为伟大的事业只有罗马的安东尼和克劳底亚是例外。前者本性就好色荒淫,然而后者却是严肃多谋的人。这说明爱情不仅会占领开旷坦阔的胸怀,有时也能闯入壁垒森严的心灵----假如手御不严的话。

It is a poor saying of Epicurus, Satis magnum alter alteri theatrum sumus; as if man, made for the contemplation of heaven, and all noble objects, should do nothing but kneel before a little idol, and make himself a subject, though not of the mouth (as beasts are), yet of the eye; which was given him for higher purposes.

埃辟克拉斯曾说过一句笨话:“人生不过是一座大戏台。”似乎本应努力追求高尚事业的人类,却只应象玩偶般地逢场作戏。虽然爱情的奴隶并不同于那班只顾吃喝的禽兽,但毕竟也只是眼目色相的奴隶,而上帝赐人以眼睛本来是有更高尚的用途的。

It is a strange thing, to note the excess of this passion, and how it braves the nature, and value of things, by this; that the speaking in a perpetual hyperbole, is comely in nothing but in love. Neither is it merely in the phrase; for whereas it hath been well said, that the arch-flatterer, with whom all the petty flatterers have intelligence, is a man's self; certainly the lover is more. For there was never proud man thought so absurdly well of himself, as the lover doth of the person loved; and therefore it was well said, That it is impossible to love, and to be wise. Neither doth this weakness appear to others only, and not to the party loved; but to the loved most of all, except the love be reciproque. For it is a true rule, that love is ever rewarded, either with the reciproque, or with an inward and secret contempt.

过度的爱情追求,必然会降低人本身的价值。例如,只有在爱情中,才总是需要那种浮夸陷媚的词令。而在其他场合,同样的词令只能招人耻笑。古人有一句名言:“最大的奉承,人总是留给自己的。”----只有对情人的奉承要算例外。因为甚至最骄傲的人,也甘愿在情人面前自轻自贱。所以古人说得好:“就是神在爱情中也难保持聪明。”情人的这种弱点不仅在外人眼中是明显的,就是在被追求者的眼中也会很明显----除非她(他)也在追求他(她)。所以,爱情的代价就是如此,不能得到回爱,就会得到一种深藏于心的轻蔑,这是一条永真的定律。

By how much the more, men ought to beware of this passion, which loseth not only other things, but itself! As for the other losses, the poet's relation doth well figure them: that he that preferred Helena, quitted the gifts of Juno and Pallas. For whosoever esteemeth too much of amorous affection, quitteth both riches and wisdom.

由此可见,人们应当十分警惕这种感情。因为它不但会使人丧失其他,而且可以使人丧失自己本身。甚至其他方面的损失,古诗人早告诉我们,那追求海伦的人,是放弃了财富和智慧的。

I know not how, but martial men are given to love: I think, it is but as they are given to wine; for perils commonly ask to be paid in pleasures.

我不懂是什么缘故,使许多军人更容易堕入情网,也许这正象他们嗜爱饮酒一样,是因为危险的生活更需要欢乐的补偿。

There is in man's nature, a secret inclination and motion, towards love of others, which if it be not spent upon some one or a few, doth naturally spread itself towards many, and maketh men become humane and charitable; as it is seen sometime in friars.

人心中可能普遍具有一种博爱倾向,若不集中于某个专一的对象身上,就必然施之于更广泛的大众,使他成为仁善的人,象有的僧侣那样。

Nuptial love maketh mankind; friendly love perfecteth it; but wanton love corrupteth, and embaseth it.

夫妻的爱,使人类繁衍。朋友的爱,给人以帮助。但那荒淫纵欲的爱,却只会使人堕落毁灭啊!
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-6 13:57:46 | 显示全部楼层
Of Youth and Age
Francis Bacon

A MAN that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages. And yet the invention of young men, is more lively than that of old; and imaginations stream into their minds better, and, as it were, more divinely. Natures that have much heat, and great and violent desires and perturbations, are not ripe for action, till they have passed the meridian of their years; as it was with Julius Caesar and Septimius Severus. Of the latter, of whom it is said, Juventutem egit erroribus, imo furoribus, plenam. And yet he was the ablest emperor, almost, of all the list. But reposed natures may do well in youth. As it is seen in Augustus Caesar, Cosmus Duke of Florence, Gaston de Foix, and others. On the other side, heat and vivacity in age, is an excellent composition for business. Young men are fitter to invent, than to judge; fitter for execution, than for counsel; and fitter for new projects, than for settled business. For the experience of age, in things that fall within the compass of it, directeth them; but in new things, abuseth them.

The errors of young men, are the ruin of business; but the errors of aged men, amount but to this, that more might have been done, or sooner. Young men, in the conduct and manage of actions, embrace more than they can hold; stir more than they can quiet; fly to the end, without consideration of the means and degrees; pursue some few principles, which they have chanced upon absurdly; care not to innovate, which draws unknown inconveniences; use extreme remedies at first; and, that which doubleth all errors, will not acknowledge or retract them; like an unready horse, that will neither stop nor turn. Men of age object too much, consult too long, adventure too little, repent too soon, and seldom drive business home to the full period, but content themselves with a mediocrity of success. Certainly it is good to compound employments of both; for that will be good for the present, because the virtues of either age, may correct the defects of both; and good for succession, that young men may be learners, while men in age are actors; and, lastly, good for extern accidents, because authority followeth old men, and favor and popularity, youth. But for the moral part, perhaps youth will have the pre-eminence, as age hath for the politic. A certain rabbin, upon the text, Your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams, inferreth that young men, are admitted nearer to God than old, because vision, is a clearer revelation, than a dream. And certainly, the more a man drinketh of the world, the more it intoxicateth; and age doth profit rather in the powers of understanding, than in the virtues of the will and affections. There be some, have an over-early ripeness in their years, which fadeth betimes. These are, first, such as have brittle wits, the edge whereof is soon turned; such as was Hermogenes the rhetorician, whose books are exceeding subtle; who afterwards waxed stupid. A second sort, is of those that have some natural dispositions which have better grace in youth, than in age; such as is a fluent and luxuriant speech; which becomes youth well, but not age: so Tully saith of Hortensius, Idem manebat, neque idem decebat. The third is of such, as take too high a strain at the first, and are magnanimous, more than tract of years can uphold. As was Scipio Africanus, of whom Livy saith in effect, Ultima primis cedebant.

论青年与老年
弗朗西斯 培根

一个年岁不大的人也可以是富于经验的,假如他不曾虚度生活的话;然而这毕竟是罕有的事。一般说来,青年人富于“直觉”,而老年人则长于“深思”。这两者在深刻和正确性上是有着显著差别的。青年的特别是富于创造性,想象力也纯洁而灵活。这似乎是得之于神助的。然而,热情炽烈而情绪敏感的人往往要在中年以后方成大器,尤恺撒和塞维拉斯①就是明显的例证。曾有人评论后一位说:“他曾度过一个荒谬的——甚至是疯狂的青春”。然而他后来成为罗马皇帝中极杰出的一位。少年老成、性格稳健的人则往往青春时代就可成大器,奥古斯都大帝、卡斯曼斯大公、卡斯顿勋爵②即是如此。另一方面,对于老人来说,保持住热情和活力则是难能可贵的。青年人长于创造而短于思考,长于猛干而短于讨论,长于革新而短于守成。老年人的经验,引导他们熟悉旧事物,却蒙蔽他们无视新情况。

青年人敏锐果敢,但行事轻率却可能毁坏大局。青年的性格如同不羁的野马,藐视既往,目空一切,好走极端。勇于革新而不去估量实际的条件和可能性,结果常因浮躁而改革不成却招致意外的麻烦。老年人则正相反。他们常常满足于困守已成之局,思考多于行动,议论多于决断。为事后不后悔,宁肯事前不冒险。因此,最好的办法是把青年的特点与老年的特点在事业上结合在一起。这样,他们各自的优点正好弥补了对方的缺点。从现在的角度说,他们的所长可以互补他们各自的所短。从发展的角度说,青年可以从老年身上学到他们所不具的经验。而从社会的角度说,有经验的老人执事令人放心,而青年人的干劲则鼓舞人心。但是,如果说,老人的经验是可贵的,那么青年人的纯真则是崇高的。《圣经》说:“你们中的年轻人将见到天国,而你们中的老人则只能作梦。”有一位“拉比”(犹太牧师)解释这话说:上帝认为青年比老年更接近他,因为希望总比幻梦切实一些。要知道,世情如酒,越浓越醉人——年龄越大,则在世故增长的同时却愈会丧失正直纯真的感情。早熟的人往往凋谢也早。不足为训的是如下三种人。第一种,是在智力上开发太早的人。小时了了,大未必佳。例如修辞学家赫摩格尼斯③就是如此。他少年时候就写出美妙的著作,但中年以后却成了白痴。第二种,是那种毕生不税稚气的老顽童。正如西塞罗所批评的赫腾修斯④,他早已该成熟却一直幼稚。第三种,是志在才疏的人。年轻时拒负很大,晚年却不足为训。像西兹阿·阿非利卡就是如此。⑤所以历史学家李维批评他:“一生事业有始有终。”

①、优利·凯撒(前100?—44),罗马政治家。Severus(1462—211),古罗马皇帝,公元193—211年在位。
②、卡斯曼斯大公,1570年封多斯加纳大公。
③、奥古斯都·凯撒(前61—公元14),为罗马帝国第一任皇帝,大凯撒的侄孙,原名屋大维。具古斯都意为“至高无上者”,乃其尊号。统一罗马,为帝政的建立者。赫摩格尼斯(161—180),古希腊哲学家。
④、西塞罗(前106—前43),古罗马政治家、雄辩家和哲学家。赫腾修斯,约与西塞罗同时代的人。
⑤、西庇阿·阿非利卡(前236—前184),古罗马名将。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-6 13:58:20 | 显示全部楼层
Of Envy
论嫉妒

There be none of the affections, which have been noted to fascinate or bewitch, but love and envy. They both have vehement wishes; they frame themselves readily into imaginations and suggestions; and they come easily into the eye, especially upon the present of the objects; which are the points that conduce to fascination, if any such thing there be. We see likewise, the Scripture calleth envy an evil eye; and the astrologers, call the evil influences of the stars, evil aspects; so that still there seemeth to be acknowledged, in the act of envy, an ejaculation or irradiation of the eye. Nay, some have been so curious, as to note, that the times when the stroke or percussion of an envious eye doth most hurt, are when the party envied is beheld in glory or triumph; for that sets an edge upon envy: and besides, at such times the spirits of the person envied, do come forth most into the outward parts, and so meet the blow.
人底各种情欲之中,没有一种可以看出是迷人或魔人的——除了恋爱与嫉妒。这两者都有很强烈的愿望,它们很容易造出意象和观念;并且很容易进入眼中,尤其是当对象在场的时候,这些都是导致蛊惑之处——假设有蛊惑这种事的话。类此,我们看见《圣经》中把嫉妒叫做“凶眼”;而占星家把星宿底恶影响叫做“恶容”;所以好象总有人承认嫉妒的行为中是有一种眼力底投射或放光似的。不但如此,还有些人好奇之甚,竟说嫉妒底眼目其打击伤人最烈的时候是那受嫉的人正在显耀荣华,受人注视的时候;因为这种情形使嫉妒之心更为锐利也。再者,在这种时候,那受嫉的人底精神多出现于外表上,因而他就受到那种打击了。

But leaving these curiosities (though not unworthy to be thought on, in fit place), we will handle, what persons are apt to envy others; what persons are most subject to be envied themselves; and what is the difference between public and private envy.
我们现在先不理这些奥妙之点(虽然在适当之处它们并非不值得思索的),且谈何种人最易嫉人;何种人最易受嫉;以及公妒与私妒有何分别。

A man that hath no virtue in himself, ever envieth virtue in others. For men's minds, will either feed upon their own good, or upon others' evil; and who wanteth the one, will prey upon the other; and whoso is out of hope, to attain to another's virtue, will seek to come at even hand, by depressing another's fortune.
无德之人常嫉他人之有德。因为人底心思若不以自己底好处为食,就要以他人底坏处为食的;并且缺乏这二者之一的人一定是要猎取其二的。又任何人若是没有达到他人底美德的希望,他一定要设法压抑这另一人底幸福以求与之得平的。

A man that is busy, and inquisitive, is commonly envious. For to know much of other men's matters, cannot be because all that ado may concern his own estate; therefore it must needs be, that he taketh a kind of play-pleasure, in looking upon the fortunes of others. Neither can he, that mindeth but his own business, find much matter for envy. For envy is a gadding passion, and walketh the streets, and doth not keep home: Non est curiosus, quin idem sit
malevolus.
多事好问之人每善嫉。因为所以要知道如许关于他人之事的原因决不会是因为这许多劳碌是有关于自己底利害的;因此,其原由一定是因为他在观察别人底祸福上得到一种观剧式的乐趣了。并且一个专务己业的人也不会找着许多嫉妒底缘由来的。因为嫉妒是一种游荡的情欲,在大街上徘徊而不肯居家,所谓“未有好管闲事而不心怀恶意者也”。

Men of noble birth, are noted to be envious towards new men, when they rise. For the distance is altered, and it is like a deceit of the eye, that when others come on, they think themselves, go back.
贵族中人对新进之人当其腾达之时常露嫉妒之情。因为两者之间的距离改变了;好象一种视觉上的错觉一样,别人往前来而自己以为自身是后退了。

Deformed persons, and eunuchs, and old men, and bastards, are envious. For he that cannot possibly mend his own case, will do what he can, to impair another's; except these defects light upon a very brave, and heroical nature, which thinketh to make his natural wants part of his honor; in that it should be said, that an eunuch, or a lame man, did such great matters; affecting the honorof a miracle; as it was in Narses the eunuch, and Agesilaus and Tamberlanes, that were lame men.
残疾之人、宦官、老人与私生子均善妒。因为无法补救自己底情形的人一定要竭力损坏别人底情形的,除非这些缺陷落在一种甚为勇敢和伟大的天性上,那种天性是要以他底天生的缺陷为其荣耀之一部的;他们要人家说一个宦官或一个跛子竟作了这样的大事;这种事情底荣耀直有如一件奇迹底荣耀了;例如宦官拿尔西斯和跛人阿盖西劳斯及帖木儿是也。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-6 13:58:59 | 显示全部楼层
The same is the case of men, that rise after calamities and misfortunes. For they are as men fallen out with the times; and think other men's harms, a redemption of their own sufferings.
同此,经过大祸与不幸而再起的人也富于嫉妒心,因为这些人与那些不合时宜的人一样,他们以为别人受到的损害等于自己底痛苦之赔偿也。

They that desire to excel in too many matters, out of levity and vain glory, are ever envious. For they cannot want work; it being impossible, but many, in some one of those things, should surpass them. Which was the character of Adrian the Emperor; that mortally envied poets, and painters, and artificers, inworks wherein he had a vein to excel.
现在且一谈那些多少受人嫉妒的人。第一,德行高的人们,其德愈增则受人嫉妒之机会愈减。因为他们底幸福看来是他们应得的;没有人嫉妒债务之得偿,所嫉者多是报酬过当之赏赐也。又嫉妒总是与人我底比较俱来的;没有比较的地方就没有嫉妒;因此帝王除了受帝王底嫉妒外不受他人底嫉妒。然而应当注意的是微末之人在初升贵显的时候最受嫉妒,到后来较能克服之:反之,有功有业的人在福祉绵延之时最受嫉妒。因为到了那个时节虽然他们底德行仍旧,但其光辉却不如昔了;因为有新的人物起来把那些德行投入暗处了。

Lastly, near kinsfolks, and fellows in office, and those that have been bred together, are more apt to envy their equals, when they are raised. For it dothupbraid unto them their own fortunes, and pointeth at them, and cometh oftener into their remembrance, and incurreth likewise more into the note of others; and envy ever redoubleth from speech and fame. Cain's envy was the more vile and malignant, towards his brother Abel, because when his sacrifice was better accepted, there was no body to look on. Thus much for those, that are apt to envy.
因为浮躁与虚荣而想在过多的事业中出人头地的人总是嫉妒心盛的。因为在那些事业中的某项上,断不能没有多人可以胜过他们的;既如此他们就不缺乏嫉妒底缘由了。这就是埃追安皇帝底特性;他非常妒恨诗人、画家与巧匠;在这些人底事业中皇帝本人是有点过人之才的。

Concerning those that are more or less subject to envy: First, persons of eminent virtue, when they are advanced, are less envied. For their fortune seemeth , but due unto them; and no man envieth the payment of a debt, but rewards and liberality rather. Again, envy is ever joined with the comparing of a man's self; and where there is no comparison, no envy; and therefore kings are not envied, but by kings. Nevertheless it is to be noted, that unworthy persons are most envied, at their first coming in, and afterwards overcome it better; whereas contrariwise, persons of worth and merit are most envied, when their fortune continueth long. For by that time, though their virtue be the same,yet it hath not the same lustre; for fresh men grow up that darken it.
最后,近亲、同事、与同养之人,最容易在平辈腾达的时候嫉妒他们。因为这些腾达的人们可说是以他们底幸福显出了同辈底不良;指责了他们。并且这些腾达的人们入同辈底记忆之中较繁,同样地,惹他们底注意也较强;而嫉妒之心是由言谈及名声而倍增的。该隐对他兄弟亚伯的嫉妒是很卑劣,很凶恶的,因为当亚伯底供品被上帝看中的时候当场并没有人旁观。以上就是关于最易嫉人的人的话。

Persons of noble blood, are less envied in their rising. For it seemeth but right done to their birth. Besides, there seemeth not much added to their fortune; and envy is as the sunbeams, that beat hotter upon a bank, or steep rising ground, than upon a flat. And for the same reason, those that are advanced by degrees, are less envied than those that are advanced suddenly and per saltum.
贵胄在升显的时候不甚受嫉。因为那好象是他们本着家世而应得的权利。并且他们贵显了也不见得是在他们底幸福上添加了多少;而嫉妒心有如日光,它射在危岸或埈坂上是比射在平地上要热得多的。为了同一的原故,那些逐渐升高的人们较之那些突然腾达,一跃而跻于贵显之列的人们是少受人嫉妒的。

Those that have joined with their honor great travels, cares, or perils, are less subject to envy. For men think that they earn their honors hardly, and pity them sometimes; and pity ever healeth envy. Wherefore you shall observe, that the more deep and sober sort of politic persons, in their greataess, are ever bemoaning themselves, what a life they lead; chanting a quanta patimur! Not that they feel it so, but only to abate the edge of envy. But this is to be understood, of business that is laid upon men, and not such, as they call unto themselves. For nothing increaseth envy more, than an unnecessary and ambitious engrossing of business. And nothing doth extinguish envy more, than for a great person to preserve all other inferior officers, in their full lightsand pre-eminences of their places. For by that means, there be so many screens
between him and envy.
那些把他们底荣耀与重大的劳苦、忧虑、或危险连在一处的人们是少受嫉妒的。因为人们认为这些人底荣耀是得来不易的,并且有时还可怜他们,而怜悯永远是治疗嫉妒的。因此你可以看到那较为深沉庄重的政界中人,在他们底崇高的地位中总是自嗟自叹,说他们度着何等不乐的生活,唱着一套“我们何等受苦”的歌曲。并不是他们感觉如此,而是要减少嫉妒心底锋铓。但是这种嗟叹所指的要是别人给他们加上的负担才行,不可指自己招来的事业。因为再没有比无必要而野心地专搅事业之更增人嫉妒者也。又,一个大人物若能使所有居下位者保持所有的权利和充分的身分,那就没有比这个更能消灭嫉妒的了。因为借着这种手段,在他与嫉妒之间可说是有了好几重障隔也。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-6 13:59:21 | 显示全部楼层
Above all, those are most subject to envy, which carry the greatness of their fortunes, in an insolent and proud manner; being never well, but while they are showing how great they are, either by outward pomp, or by triumphing over all opposition or competition; whereas wise men will rather do sacrifice to envy, in suffering themselves sometimes of purpose to be crossed, and overborne in things that do not much concern them. Notwithstanding, so much is true, that the carriage of greatness, in a plain and open manner (so it be without arrogancy and vain glory) doth draw less envy, than if it be in a more crafty and cunning fashion. For in that course, a man doth but disavow fortune; and seemeth to be conscious of his own want in worth; and doth but teach others, to envy him.
最甚者,有些人用一种傲慢不恭的态度来处他们底大富贵,他们是最受嫉妒的。这些人总要表示自己底伟大——或以外表的煊赫,或以克服一切的反对与竞争——才觉得满意;而有智之人则宁可给嫉妒贡献点什么,有时在自己不甚关切的事件中故意让人阻挠或压倒。然而这又是真的,就是在若以一种朴素坦白的态度来处尊荣(只要是不带骄矜与虚荣),比用一种较为多诈而狡猾的态度要少受人嫉妒。因为在后一种举止里,一个人简直是表明他不配享受那种幸福并且还好象明白自己之无价值似的;由此他竟是教导别人来嫉妒自己了。

Lastly, to conclude this part; as we said in the beginning, that the act of envy had somewhat in it of witchcraft, so there is no other cure of envy, but the cure of witchcraft; and that is, to remove the lot (as they call it) and to lay it upon another. For which purpose, the wiser sort of great persons, bring in ever upon the stage somebody upon whom to derive the envy, that would come upon themselves; sometimes upon ministers and servants; sometimes upon colleagues and associates; and the like; and for that turn there are never wanting, some persons of violent and undertaking natures, who, so they may have power and business, will take it at any cost.
最后结束这一段的话:我们在起始既说嫉妒的行为,内中有点巫术的性质,那末要治嫉妒,除了治巫术的方法再没有别的方法;那就是除去那“妖气”(人们所谓的)而使之落于别人身上。为了这种目的,有些比较明哲多智的大人物,总要把某一个旁人,叫他登台露面,好教那本要落到自己身上的嫉妒心转到那些人身上去,有时这嫉妒落到属员或仆役身上;有时落到同事或同僚身上;诸如此类:而为了这种事情,永不会缺乏一些天性莽撞而好事的人的。这些人只要能得到权力和职务,什么代价也肯出的。

Now, to speak of public envy. There is yet some good in public envy, whereas in private, there is none. For public envy, is as an ostracism, that eclipseth men, when they grow too great. And therefore it is a bridle also to great ones, to keep them within bounds.
现在且说公妒。在为公的嫉妒中至少还有一点好处,在私妒中则是一点好处也没有的。因为公妒好譬一种希腊式的流刑,是在有些人变得太位高权重的时候压抑他们的。因此,公妒对于大人物们是一种控制物,可以使他们不至超越范围。这种公妒,拉丁语叫做invidia,今语叫做“公愤”;关于这个将来在论叛乱的一篇中再说。这是国*家中的一种疾病,就象染毒一样。因为正如毒可以传染到本来健全的部分并使之受疾一样,在国*家中如果生了“公愤”,这种心理将使国*家最好的举措也蒙不洁,使这些举措变为恶臭。

This envy, being in the Latin word invidia, goeth in the modern language, by the name of discontentment; of which we shall speak, in handling sedition. It is a disease, in a state, like to infection. For as infection spreadeth upon that which is sound, and tainteth it; so when envy is gotten once into a state, it traduceth even the best actions thereof, and turneth them into an ill odor. And therefore there is little won, by intermingling of plausible actions. For that doth argue but a weakness, and fear of envy, which hurteth so much the more, as it is likewise usual in infections; which if you fear them, you call them upon you.
所以为政者若把得人心的举措与不得人心者相混而行之,是得不到什么益处的。因为那种办法不过表现一种懦弱,一种对嫉妒的畏惧,这种畏惧更于国*家不利。这又如各种染毒常有的情形一样,你要是怕它们,你就不啻招致它们到你身上来了。

This public envy, seemeth to beat chiefly upon principal officers or ministers, rather than upon kings, and estates themselves. But this is a sure rule, that if the envy upon the minister be great, when the cause of it in him is small; or if the envy be general, in a manner upon all the ministers of an estate; then the envy (though hidden) is truly upon the state itself. And so much of public envy or discontentment, and the difference thereof from private envy, which was handled in the first place.

这种公愤好象是主要专攻那些重臣大吏而非反对帝制或共和本身似的。但是这是一条可靠的定律,就是假如对某大臣的公愤很深而这位大臣本身致之之道很微:或者这种公愤是遍及于一国中之各大臣者;那末这种公愤(虽然隐而不显)真是与国*家不利的。以上就是关于公妒或公愤以及它与私妒底差别的话,关于私妒我们在先已说过了。

We will add this in general, touching the affection of envy; that of all other affections, it is the most importune and continual. For of other affections, there is occasion given, but now and then; and therefore it was well said, Invidia festos dies non agit: for it is ever working upon some or other. And it is alsonoted, that love and envy do make a man pine, which other affections do not,because they are not so continual. It is also the vilest affection, and the most depraved; for which cause it is the proper attribute of the devil, who is called, the envious man, that soweth tares amongst the wheat by night; as it always cometh to pass, that envy worketh subtilly, and in the dark, and to the prejudice of good things, such as is the wheat.

今再关于嫉妒这种情欲普遍地添说这几句:就是在一切的情欲中,嫉妒是最强求,最持久的。因为别的情欲底起因不过是偶而有之的;因此昔人说得好:“嫉妒永不休假”,因为它老是在这人或那人心上活动的。此外还有人注意到恋爱与嫉妒是使人消瘦的,而别的情欲则不致如此,因为它们不如爱与妒之持久。嫉妒也是最卑劣最堕落的情欲;所以嫉妒是魔鬼底本来的特质。魔鬼是被叫做“那个在夜间在麦子中种植稗子的嫉妒者”的;因为嫉妒是以诡计并且是在暗中行事的,又常于好的事物如麦子者不利。这永远是如此的。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

帖子

3万

积分

大朋友

白土窑-千奇

积分

【水瓶座 1月21日~2月19日】【B型指环】【12生肖·龙】【热心家人勋章】【最佳人气勋章】【家园活动勋章】【爱心大使勋章】【积极回应勋章】【美新路·通信之星勋章】【美新路·回访之星勋章】【志愿之星(服务满1年)☆】

QQ
发表于 2011-10-6 20:34:31 | 显示全部楼层
论了这大篇嫉妒呦。。。哎~~也不来点儿好的~
不过态度可嘉哈!~~这么认真~
太阳每天都是新的!

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-6 21:25:51 | 显示全部楼层
回复 14# sandy小

就我自己顶了~呵呵呵~你消失有段时间了~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-29 03:40:14 | 显示全部楼层
请不要害怕孤独,孤独是成功者必备的要素之一,毕竟成功者是少数的;请不要在意别人的眼光,坚持自己的理想,只要是对的,那么请勇敢的选择自己要走的路。前路或许曲折,但不要气馁,相信自己,相信自己的选择。实现梦想的路总有一天会变笔直。

成长的孤独

We’re like the cream. When the cream rises to the top, it separates itself from the milk.  Perhaps that is what the New Age Movement is really all about. We find ourselves lonely at the top.  Yes, it is.

我们就像奶油。当奶油浮到顶部的时候,它会和牛奶分离。也许这种现象正像是新世纪运动的写照。我们发现自己飞得越高,就会越感孤独。是的,这就是现实。

It is no different with political enlightenment, spiritual enlightenment, or even becoming enlightened about relating to each other.  The more mentally healthy you become, the more spiritual, the more balanced, the wealthier, the more global you become… the more alone you may feel.

不论是政治或精神修养的造诣有多深,或者甚至是与他人之间有一种默契的关系,就孤独这一点而言,是没有区别的。你越是拥有健康有理智,精神修养的造诣越深,生活越平衡,越富有,或你的名气传播得越广,你也会感觉越孤独。

Often, we find ourselves unable to find those other rare individuals who are choosing the same path as ours.  The path of sloppy and lazy is full of other people to meet and talk to.  The path of whiners is full.  The path of being safe, generic, and boring is so crowded you almost cannot even move forward. Isn’t that why you left that path?  You had a need to move forward, a need for some elbowroom, a need to spread your arms wide, a need to be seen as special, unique, different.  The masses may admire you, but they are not going to be able to really relate to you.  You will be alone much of the time.

经常,我们很难找到那些选择我们和我们同路的人们。那条潮湿,慵懒的道路挤满了可以相遇并聊天的人。那条满是牢骚者的道路上也拥挤不堪。那条所谓安全,普通以及枯燥的道路是如此拥挤以至于你无法向前挪步。难道这不正是你离开那条道路的原因吗?你需要
向前挪步,需要活动的空间,需要展开你的双臂,需要被认知为特别,有个性,与众不同。万千大众仰慕你,但他们却不可能真正地融入你。大部分的时间里,你将是孤独的。

Do not be afraid of the loneliness of enlightenment.  Do not force others to agree with you.  Simply give your heart and know that you are growing and that they are free to grow or not.  It is the nature of the game.  We are all free to choose our paths.

不要害怕因造诣深而产生的孤独感。不必要勉强别人赞识你。做你自己,坚定着你自己的成长,别人是否愿意成长就由他们自己去决定吧。这就是自然界的规则。我们都有选择自己道路的自由。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-29 03:41:13 | 显示全部楼层

我爱我一无保留的绝望

我爱我一无保留的绝望 ,尽情疯,尽情享受生命赋予我的每一个moment!

I love my naked despair

in this world I love my bright howls

I love my endless desire of conquest

I go my own way like a full-blown flower

I love every segment of time in my life

with you every minute, every second

我爱我一无保留的绝望  

在这个世界,我爱我辉煌的嚎叫

爱我永无休止的征服欲望  

随心所欲如花怒放

我爱我生命中的每一份时光,

每时每刻都与你同在……
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-29 03:42:08 | 显示全部楼层

Joy in the journey

旅途乐趣:生命重在过程

我们在路途上行走,在时间中行走,在行走时,你是在意行走的过程,还是更注重行走的目的呢?答案是:生命正是在挖掘的过程中才具有活力!而且到最后真正要紧的还是过程中的乐趣!
       If you have ever been discouraged because of failure, please read on.
       For often, achieving what you set out to do is not the important thing. Let me explain.
       Two brothers decided to dig a deep hole behind their house. As they were working, a couple of older boys stopped by to watch.
       "What are you doing?" asked one of the visitors.
       "We plan to dig a hole all the way through the earth!" one of the brothers volunteered excitedly.
       The older boys began to laugh, telling the younger ones that digging a hole all the way through the earth was impossible.
       After a long silence, one of the diggers picked up a jar full of spiders, worms and a wide assortment of insects. He removed the lid and showed the wonderful contents to the scoffing visitors.
       Then he said quietly and confidently, "Even if we don't dig all the way through the earth, look what we found along the way!"
       Their goal was far too ambitious, but it did cause them to dig. And that is what a goal is for-to cause us to move in the direction we have chosen; in other words, to set us to digging!

But not every goal will be fully achieved. Not every job will end successfully. Not every relationship will endure. Not every hope will come to pass. Not every love will last. Not every endeavor will be completed. Not every dream will be realized.
       But when you fall short of your aim, perhaps you can say, "Yes, but look at what I found along the way! Look at the wonderful things which have come into my life because I tried to do something!"
       It is in the digging that life is lived. And I believe it is joy in the journey, in the end, that truly matters.

如果你曾因失败沮丧过,请继续读下去。
       完成你经常开始要做的事可不是大事,让我娓娓道来。
       有兄弟俩人决定在他们房子后面挖一个深洞。就在他们不停挖洞时,几个年龄大点的男孩在附近停下来观看。
       “你们在做什么?”其中一个问道。
       “我们计划挖一个洞,一直穿过地球到达另一端!”兄弟俩中的一个兴奋地抢先说道。
       这些大男孩开始大笑,告诉这两个兄弟挖洞穿过地球是不可能的。
       长长的沉寂之后,其中一个挖掘者从洞里拿出一个装满蜘蛛、蠕虫和各种各样昆虫的罐子,他打开盖子把这些奇妙的东西展示给那些嘲讽者看。
       然后他平静而又自信地说:“即使我们挖不到地球另一端,但看看我们途中发现的东西!”
       他们的目标是太过于雄心勃勃了,但确实鼓励他们去做了。而这就是目标之所在——使我们朝着我们所选择的方向前进,换句话说,就是让我们去挖掘!
       但不是每一个目标都会完全实现,也不是每一样工作都能够最终成功;不是每一种关系都能够持久,也不是每一丝希望都能够实现;不是每一次爱都能够天长地久,不是每一次努力都会硕果累累,也不是每一个梦想都能够实现。
       但当你没有达到目标时,也许你可以说:“是的,但看看我们途中所发现的东西!看看这些因为我尽力去做而走进我生活的美妙东西!”
       生命正是在挖掘的过程中才具有活力。而且我相信到最后真正要紧的还是过程中的乐趣。

So, dear friend, just enjoy your journey and get joy in the journey!

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-29 03:44:02 | 显示全部楼层
It's hard enough to make local relationships work, but having mile, States, and sometimes even an ocean between you makes it even more difficult. However, successful long distance relationships can and do exist. Here's how to give yours every chance to survive and thrive.
经营一段恋爱已经足够让人心力交瘁了,更何况当两人之间隔着几英里的距离,或者是一个州,要么是一片海洋。但是,成功的异地恋确实存在着。以下这些教你把握每一个机会,让你的异地恋“长寿和繁荣”(live long and prosper)。
Step:

1. Ask the important questions at the onset, to make sure you are both clear on the parameters of the relationship. Setting parameters such as naming your relationship (dating, seeing each other, boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged)as well defining exclusive(limited to one person,) non exclusive. These can be difficult and awkward questions to ask, but will save you great heartache and misunderstanding down the line. Example: "Are you open to the possibility of relocating if the relationship should become more serious?" or "What are you looking to get out of the relationship?". Stating your end goal or ideas will allow each person to maintain what they need.
首先要弄明白一些很重要的问题,从而更清晰地认识你们两人的关系。用些术语来定义一下你们的关系吧,仅仅是想偶尔约会?或是经常见面?男女朋友?或者是要订婚了。对于形单影只的家伙,来定义一下你是不是个独身主义者呢。回答这些问题确实又困难又尴尬,不过这真的会免去你永无止境的头疼和误解。譬如:“如果我们的关系更进一步,你会考虑搬家吗?”或是:“你想从我们的关系中获取什么呢?”阐明你的终极目标和理念会让两个人为了这些而共同经营下去。

2.Do things together. Defy the distance. As a long distance couple, it's important to do other things together besides the usual phone call. In a long distance relationship, interaction over the phone can become dull in the long run. Incorporating other forms of interaction are important. Just think... people in short-distance relationships do not spend the majority of their time talking, but rather doing things with each other. Try to replicate this by finding things to do together such as watching a TV show or movie simultaneously. For an extensive list of more things you can do with each other (or for each other) click here: Over 70 Activities & Ideas for LDR Couples!
统一协作,藐视距离。很重要的一点,作为一对可怜的异地情侣,除了打电话你们还应该一起做些别的事。长期打电话是不是很无聊?尝试一些其他形式的协作吧。想想看,非异地的情侣们绝不会花很多的时间去打电话,而是一起去找些什么事情做。你们也要尝试着这样做,尽量找点可以一起做的事情,同时看看一样的电视或电影。期待一个关于协作活动的项目清单吗?猛点这里:适用于异地情侣的70几件活动和鬼主意!

3. Communicate in some way every day, more than once if possible. Since you won't be seeing each other, it's important to establish and maintain an emotional connection. These don't always have to be long, in-depth conversations. Tell each other about your little triumphs and tragedies. Ask for advice. Use an instant messenger program or VoIP for real-time chat, or web cams for that visual connection. E-mail is great so make sure you use it, especially if long-distance phone calls put a strain on your budget. Remember that e-mail and even instant messengers can increase the possibility of misunderstandings. Write love letters. Send small gifts or flowers for no reason. In this case, quantity is as important as quality. You may discover an advantage over others whose partner is close at hand - you don't take communication for granted!
不管怎么着,每天都交流。并且尽可能的多些吧。尽管你们看不到对方,但是建立和维持情绪上的沟通十分重要。并不总是需要冗长而又有深度的交流。告诉对方你的小成就或是小挫折。问问该怎么办。发发短信或是聊聊QQ,要不去文华楼视频。电子邮件是个好东西,不要不用哦。尤其是长途电话让你的钱包吃紧时。也别忘了电子邮件和短信可能会引起你们之间的误解。写封情书吧。或是在校内上送个没理由的小礼物。这样,交流的数量就会和质量一样重要了。你会发现你甚至比那些非异地恋的同学们有个优势:你们不会把交流视为例行工事。

4. Take advantage of the benefits a long distance relationship offers: more time with friends and/or family, no arguments over toothpaste caps, the pleasure of seeing your sweetheart again after a long absence, time to mull your options (rather than snapping at your partner impulsively) before you respond to that email s/he wrote that seemed so rude the first time you read it, etc. Most important, being far apart gives you a chance to maintain your individuality - something that can get lost in the shuffle when couples spend all their free time together.
发现异地带来的优势吧:更多的时间陪伴你的朋友和家人,不会为鸡毛算皮的小事争吵,小别胜新婚,当你遇到对方提出的无理要求(异地应该会通过电子邮件)或是其他类似情况时,你有更多的时间揣摩你的选择(而不是像非异地那样给你的爱人当头一棒)。更重要的是,你们之间的距离让你保持你的个性,这东西会在情侣每天的你你我我中丧失掉。

5. Pursue common interests, even if it means pursuing them apart. If there's a movie you're both interested in seeing, watch it individually and then call each other afterward and talk about it. Read a certain book at the same time. Stargaze while you're on the phone. Set your watches to go off at the same time every day, and synchronize your alarm with that of your partner. Make it a point to think of each other when your watch goes off, and revel in the fact that he or she is thinking about you, too. Find creative ways to bond.
追求共同的爱好,即使是分别地追求。如果有一个你们都感兴趣的电影上映了,那么各自去看,然后电话交流观后感。同时阅读一本书。打电话时一起做白日梦。让你们的手表每时每刻都显示相同的数字,让你们的闹钟同时响起,在每天的某一时刻同时思念对方,体会此刻对方也在思念你的甜蜜。发挥你的创造力,让你们更贴近彼此。

做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

尚未签到

主题

1万

帖子

10万

积分

大朋友

Edward D. Jackson

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-29 03:44:53 | 显示全部楼层
6. Avoid the temptation to be controlling. People have free will and no one can or should control another person. As long as you are both interested in being in the relationship, you will stick with it and distance will not make a difference. As soon as one of you decides the other is not a good match - or someone else is a better match - your relationship ends, whether you live 3000 miles apart, two streets over, or share the same bed with your wedding picture on the wall. You are going to have to trust each other completely if this relationship is going to work.
忘却完全控制对方的邪念。人生来平等,没有人可以或是应该被其他的人控制。既然你们决定选择这段异地恋情,就要接受这个事实,何况这和异地也没有必然的联系。如果一方觉得和另一方不是很合得来,或是有了更好的对象,那么不过你们是分离3000英尺,或是两个街区,再或是睡在一张床上而墙面上还挂着你们的婚纱照,你们的关系都玩完了。相反,只要你们的关系还在继续,那就要完全的相信对方。
7. Talk about your future together. Assuming that ultimately you'd want to live together, discussing how you're going to get to that point will help you prove to each other that the relationship is going somewhere and that your efforts and frustrations are not in vain.
谈论你们的未来。假设你们希望最后能够在一起生活,那么就谈谈你们如何才能达到这个目标,这些会让对方明白你们的感情会有个结果,你们的努力和辛苦都不会白白浪费。
8. Know when to say good-bye. While this is tough in any relationship, this can be especially hard over long distances. When communication becomes one-sided or sparse for too long and for no apparent reason, when arguments (yes, you'll have them) become too frequent, when the whole thing just seems like more trouble than it's worth, it's time to re-evaluate the relationship. You have to remember that for a healthy relationship, no matter how far or close, you must be willing to let go.
知道怎么说再见。对任何类型的感情来说,再见一刻都不好受,对异地来说更是这样。当时间或说不出来的原因让交流变成只言片语或无比罕见,当争吵(恩,你们会的)频频现身,当整个形势沦为本不该成为的大累赘。那么,是时候重新审视你们的感情了。必须记住,对于健康的感情,无论咫尺或是天涯,该放手时就放开吧。
9. Remember: things will get better with time, and even the relationship will become better. Have hope.
记住:随着时间的嘀嗒,事情会越来越好的,甚至感情也会越来越好。别怀疑。
10. Visit often Try to make the time to visit each other as often as possible or as often as your budget permits you to. A relationship cannot thrive if the only thing you have is the phone calls. You need to see each other up close and personal every chance you get. The key here is to set up some "rules" about frequency of communication and visits and stick to them, consistency can help a LDR survive.
多见面吧。你的时间允许,你的预算允许,那能多见面就多见面吧。只打电话感情不会枝繁叶茂的。只要有机会,就要真人面对面。这方面的秘诀是建立一系列关于日常交流和见面的“制度”,坚持执行,以保住你们异地恋的小命儿。
11. Avoid jealousy and be trusting . One of the easiest ways to destroy a perfectly healthy relationship is to poison it with jealousy and drama. When you start a long distance relationship you must be realistic of the difficulties ahead. It always helps if you go in a relationship with the idea that everyone is innocent and worth of trust until proven otherwise. Don't fall in the trap to interrogate your partner every time he/she decides to go out for a drink with people you haven't met or he/she didn't get back to you right away when you called and left a message. Just because you are in a LDR, you lives won't pause. Your partner will naturally have a social life where he/she lives and so should you. Sure it helps to have your eyes open and not be totally naive but being overly suspicious is unhealthy for you and your relationship too. You should both maintain your social activity and be happy with yourselves.
不要妒嫉,要信任。嫉妒和过激是杀死健康感情最有效的毒药。当你决定开始一段异地恋时,你必须认识到前路艰难。当没有什么能证明事实并不是如此时,你应该认为每个人都天真无邪、值得相信的,这会利于你们的关系。不要掉入诸如此类的陷阱:质问你的另一半当他想去和你不认识的人儿们喝点儿酒,或是没有马上回你的电话或短信。虽然你们是异地,但是我们的生活不是还在继续?你,或是你的另一半当然应该在各自的圈子里有各自的社交生活。你当然不能放任他/她完全自由,也不要太傻太天真,但是过度的狐疑绝对不会利于你们的关系。过你们自己的社交生活,让各自都快乐吧。
12. Be positive. Staying positive and not focusing on the negative aspects of a LDR is essential to keeping your relationship blooming and your partner content. Being away from your sweetie is not all bad news. Use the opportunity of personal time to pursue your interests and hobbies as well as your career objectives. Another positive points it that long distance dating pushes both of you to be more creative, communicate better since you don't have "face-to-face" time and test your feelings. As long as you see the long distance relationship as a temporary state, you will keep your chin up and transmit that feeling of security and happiness to your partner too.
乐观些。保持乐观,避免悲观绝对是让你的感情怒放,让对方满足的必要条件。没有在你的爱人身边并没有那么惨。利于这个机会做你喜欢做的事,完成你的工作目标吧。另一个好消息是长距离的恋爱让你们更具创造性,虽然没有“面对面”的交流,但却会有更好的交流结果,测验彼此的感觉。既然你相信你们的异地状态只是暂时的,那就扬起你的小下巴,把这份安全又愉悦的感受传递给你的他/她吧。
13. Long distance dating is all about a balanced relationship between partners; a relationship built on strong foundations of trust, understanding and determination to make it work. The two partners should be reasonable about their expectations and willing to cooperate so that this relationship can lead to a happy ending. If these parameters are taken care of, you have nothing to worry about.
异地恋不过就是一份情侣间平衡的感情;建立在信任,理解和决心基础上的感情必将有所收获。两个人应当理性地对待他们共同的期待和意愿,共同努力,这样这份感情就会修成正果。如果以上这些因素都被认真地考虑了,好了,那就别担心了。
做好自己,不断让自己冲向心中的目标~

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

• 联系我们
  • 电话: 010-82275730
  • 邮箱: zhaomu@newpathfound.org
  • 地址: 北京市朝阳区裕民路12号元辰鑫大厦E1座638室

本网站运行在腾讯云 首页|站点统计|极简家园|手机版|小黑屋|百度统计|美新路 ( 京ICP备14061082号-1 )

京公网安备 11010502041421号

GMT+8, 2024-9-25 04:40 , Processed in 0.457374 second(s), 31 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表